Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
those tails look like a 350z, if you look how the top corner of the lights goes off to a point that goes towards the C-pillar, and as for the first 2 pics the lines on the sodes of the 2 cars are damn close, but the front isn't really close.

What makes the gxp special performance wise?

·
863 Posts
^^

Also on hand to give this Pontiac a lower appearance is a set of lowering springs. Thanks to these springs, the G6 GXP is 25mm closer to the ground than its stock counterpart is. The struts haven't been revised, but wheel size is now a massive 19 inches, and the stock brake discs have been replaced with vented and cross-drilled pieces.

Engine power is up, too. A 3.9-liter V6 rests under the hood of this coupe, and thanks to a K&N intake and a cat-back free-flowing exhaust, it pushes out 270 horses and 259 lb.-ft. of torque out to the flywheel. With the GXP being a proper sporty coupe, a six-speed manual transmission is used to help drivers row through the gears.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
soldierdude262 said:
yeah I just found that, if you do a google search they made 275hp with 3.6 liters for the '04 gxp concept, so now they're using a bigger engine that makes less power?

Source: http://www.aicautosite.com/previews/2006-pontiac-g6-gxp.asp, Note the published date of 2004. And this one about the concept at the '04 SEMA show: http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/articles/103584/page018.html
That concept used an upgraded version of the standard 3.5L OHV V6. The new concept uses the new 3.9L VVT OHV V6 found in the GTP. I'd rather have 5 HP less and gain a more efficient VVT V6 engine.

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
i think its hideous :barf:

i test drove one of these a few weeks back, the interior is just so boring and fake...typical of pontiacs though

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
PoloFolk said:
I think it looks bad ass.
:and1:

It makes me so happy to know that domestic car companies now have some people with at least a smidgen of creativity in them. They're coming around...finally!! Like it or not, you HAVE to at least like the gumption they have by coming out with something a bit against the grain.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
True....

but, imo, that front end looks hideous

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Eh....this is another reason why I dont like most of the new models that come out from the manufacturers. All the cars now all look similar to each other, its like all the cars are mating with on another and forming hybrids....lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Honestly, despite what a lot of critics have been saying about the "Pep Boys spoiler", I think the hammerhead spoiler MAKES the car. I think that GM has made a great looking car. I do not think that they copied the design off the G35 and/or other vehicles as other will suggest, even though the fact that people will mention that is inevitable. The only thing that makes the car look cheap is the grill.

Otherwise the engine is GM's finest 3.6L V6. Is this the same engine used in the new Cadillac CTS? With approximately 250 ft-lbs of torque to play around with, coming in at 3,200 RPM I'm sure that it has beastly low-end torque for around town driving. It is good for mid 14's in the 1/4 mile as well, showing that this car has more than adequate muscle power. I'm honestly considering trading in my 00' AV6 coupe for one of the newer coupes on the market, be it the new '08 Honda Accord Coupe, '08 Pontiac Coupe GXP Street, or even the '08 Nissan Altima Coupe.

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
The G6 reminds me of an Accord. Looking at it from the side, it has the plain two door look of an Accord/Camry. The front lights are like 6th Gen lights with a bit of an upward angle, and someone already touched on the psuedo-350Z tails.

I find the G6 attractive, but its shape makes the "stubby door syndrome" more glaring than it does on the GTO.

·
Registered
211 Posts
^^ Completely agree with you on the Accord notion. It has the plain two door look of an Accord/Camry with, in my opinion, a much more aggressive window shaping. Almost looks influenced by those of the Gallardo. The GXP Coupe is a very in-your-face looking coupe. Judging the side view next to the G35 shown above, as much as I HATE to say it, it looks like an overall better design than the G35. I will be test driving the '08 Coupe GXP Street within the next week...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts