·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i picked up a little add-on for my car tonight at advance auto parts. :D

OPTIMA YELLOW TOP D34 DEEP-CYCLE BATTERY :devil2: :vampire:

870 CRANKING AMPS

120 RESERVE CAPACITY

IMHO this was one of the best mods i did to my car. Low end torque seems to have increased, and the idle is also way smoother.

I had bunch of other people drive my car, and they also were puzzled why the car was so resonsive in low-end torque. :)

i know i should get it dynoed, but i am still glad i bought it.

let me know what you gurus think :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
no kidding?! argh.. should have bought it when my OEM battery is dead last winter.. and now i have a system... i should get it! :)

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Your electronics performance will be better because of that battery, but I doubt you've gained any performance. The Placebo effect strikes again! :p

·
Registered
563 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
Your electronics performance will be better because of that battery, but I doubt you've gained any performance. The Placebo effect strikes again! :p
not necesarilly the placebo effect, just false correlation. My car was sluggish as hell about a week ago, at leaset compared to how it usually is. Then today in the zero degree weather I gunned it on dry road, and it was LOUD(er than usual), and FAST FAST FASSSST compared to usual. It might be faster, but not because of the battery.

I have the same battery in my car that was in it when I got it, die hard weather strong or something like that. Has two years and 20k miles on it so far, still holds a charge perfectly at 14.5v when driving. Showed 15v today when I started it up in 5 degree weather. I'll replace it with a yellow top when it dies, but will be putting the battery in the trunk. ;)

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plumaccordcoupe said:

shut up you are just jealous of my extravagant taste :rofl3:

on a side note i hope the V6P grounding kit works with this battery, i can't wait to get it .....

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$120

i shopped around at diffferent places like Ebay, and stuff, and also Sears, autozone, Napa, and the most of them were selling it for $140-$150

so i think i got a decent deal

·
Registered
327 Posts
Lxcord said:
IMHO this was one of the best mods i did to my car. Low end torque seems to have increased, and the idle is also way smoother.

I had bunch of other people drive my car, and they also were puzzled why the car was so resonsive in low-end torque. :)

i know i should get it dynoed, but i am still glad i bought it.

let me know what you gurus think :D

WTF??? A battery does not give you more torque....and why would you get it dynoed?? Its a Battery!

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
im not sure if a new battery would give you THAT much power/tq to be noticed? i mean, its not like its giving you cleaner something...i would assume that your start up and idling is better. that i'll give to you, but response? hmmm thats interesting.
im sure that the people that drove your car doesnt know the accord very well...

whatevers. im happy for you and your new battery :) it makes me want a new battery just to see if wat youre saying is really true! :D

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
optima batteries work best on our accords? is the red top the lightest battery? anyone have a list of battery weights? thanx

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TotallyJDM said:
WTF??? A battery does not give you more torque....and why would you get it dynoed?? Its a Battery!

true, but it still looks sweet as hell in the engine bay.

plus i got it a for a good price, so its a win-win situation :cool:

but thanks everybody for the complements :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts