Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
???
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys obx has just introduced a new product.....for those of you who were looking for denso spark plugs.....here's your chance to get a cheaper set. I have no information as far as powre gains or comparison to denso. I'm going to pick up a set for myself as soon as danny goes to obx.

here are some features of the new product:

*an increase in horsepower and greater fuel and engine efficiency
*Iridium cored center electrode
*Extreme spark discharge for optimum combustion
*V Sharpe ground electrode design for high performance engines
*60,000 mile lifetime warranty
These are similar to Denso Iridium Spark Plugs. Why pay more when obx Racing Iridium Spark plugs function the same for a lower price and no waiting!

Groupbuy center is now offering them for 10.50 plus shipping per spark plug ($63 plus shipping) for them and ebay has a set of four (4) for $42 + 6 dollar shipping.

Here's your chance to save a great amount of money. The price right now is 38 dollars shipped for a set of six(6) with a donation to the site of 2 dollars per set totaling an even $40.

If you want these asap, danny is going to make a trip out to obx Thursday, July 10, 2003 with them being shipped on thursday or friday morning.

·
bleh
520 Posts
do you know who actually makes these plugs?? i seriously doubt that OBX has the resources/experience to make these plugs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
OBX made more than $30 million USD last year... They have more resources than most companies. ;)

Do they happen to make them in a colder heat range by chance? :)

·
???
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frank: danny just told me tonight about the plugs and i got pictures from him. This is a new product that hasn't even been put on the website. Since obx is so close to us, i think that he may get first shots at new products like this. I will ask danny to confirm that obx has done the product research and development of the product and if they haven't, i'll try to get you the information of who makes them.

Tim: it's weird because danny mentioned something about obx using the denso part numbers. hopefully they will provide a wide variety in heat ranges. I'm sure that they make another part besides the heat range for the ik16's.
Did you want me to check for any heat ranges in particular other than a spark plug that would be the same as denso's ik20's?

i will try to provide adequate answers from obx after thursday when danny makes a trip out there.

For anyone else with questions on the new product, please ask them. the product is new and i don't have much information other than that provided by danny.

·
???
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nashuaCLS: i don't know the exact pricing on NGK, but those have been out for a while i'm sure. As of now, i doubt you will even be able to get obx iridium spark plugs from any other vendor.

Yes these are spark plugs are new and yes it will be a higher price. Economically speaking, in the short run we will have to pay a higher rate because they will include the research and development in the price. When a product is new (like this product is) you as a consumer can deal with a company's price in 2 ways: you can either support it by buying it or as a consumer tell the company (obx) that the price is too high by not buying it.

Not to hate on you or anything, but you have to understand that i've only gotten notice of the product from danny earlier this week....yesterday to be exact. Maybe the price will go down but maybe it will not. Thingss are still up in the air until i can get all the information on the product, but i cannot guarantee that the price of this product will go down.

for now, this is the price. If you feel this is too expensive, please say that this is too expensive and i will take note of this and let obx and danny know.

nashuacls: no hard feelings. Thank you for your opinion :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a feeling that Denso is supplying these plugs to OBX. Or even NGK. I can only think of two companies making iridium plugs, which are NGK and Denso. Mugen, Spoon, or HKS iridium plugs are probably sourced from both or either Denso or NGK. And who knows if NGK is supplying Denso or vice versa? The technology still seems too new for other companies like Champion Labs and Bosch to follow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did anyone ever end up getting these? I'm curious as to if they noticed any difference with these plugs. Also how long do they last? I'm guessing 30k like the denso's, but wanted to check.

But $40 for 6 is definitely cheaper than my denso's were.

·
???
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gjc12: yeah i got them. They don't make a REALLY big difference. it feels a little more smooth, but i couldn't really tell if it was the new plugs or the oil change that i got. after an oil change it feels a lot smoother. Supposedly they have a 60k lifetime warranty, but they most likely won't last that long.

since nobody has gotten these i can probably give you a little discount for your feedback on them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'll be happy to grab a set from you now that I have my new motor... Meant to get some before but didn't have a chance. They have the colder heat ranges for me correct?

·
Registered
321 Posts
is the $40 price still good?? Has any one noticed any gains from these?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out who the real manufacturer of these plugs is?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out who the real manufacturer of these plugs is?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts