Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 Accord Auto 4 cycl. Lately whenever i'm at a stop, the engine temp shoots up like crazy but when the car is moving, the temp drops to normal level. I also notice that when i turn off the engine, the radiator doesn't kick on any more. Could this be that the radiator is broken? if it is, should i replace the whole thing or just the motor itself? Thanks guy.

·
I'm slow
151 Posts
kraziedn said:
i have a 95 Accord Auto 4 cycl. Lately whenever i'm at a stop, the engine temp shoots up like crazy but when the car is moving, the temp drops to normal level. I also notice that when i turn off the engine, the radiator doesn't kick on any more. Could this be that the radiator is broken? if it is, should i replace the whole thing or just the motor itself? Thanks guy.
I was having the same problem with my 92 Accord. Well, I checked my coolant level and there wasn't any. It had all drained out of a small hole in the radiator. I ended up replacing the radiator (and the A/C condensor which was bad too) and the problem was fixed.

I would suggest you start by checking your coolant level in the radiator (make sure the car is cool before opening the cap). Make sure to check the radiator and not the resevoir. If you have plenty of coolant in the radiator then you may have a bad water pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts