Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
R35553HV6 said:
get a new set of blanks and a set F+R Axxis Metal Masters....you will not be disappointed!
why what's up with that setup? where can you buy that stuff...and aren't there problems with OEM rotors warping?

thanks,
-h.bubbble

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
OEM size rotors that have slots and/or holes in them will not improve braking.
They will not shorten stopping distance when you need to stop the car on highway (+60 - 0).
Improvement can be seen if you use slotted (and/or cross-drilled) in autocross, places where you would use brakes a lot.

Cross-drilling and/or slotting process removes mass from rotor and that make these type of rotors prong to wrapping.

Want improve brakes performance? Get bigger rotors, and calipers that have higher clamping force (2, 4 or 6 piston calipers).

·
Registered
565 Posts
H.Bubble.V6 said:
why what's up with that setup? where can you buy that stuff...and aren't there problems with OEM rotors warping?

thanks,
-h.bubbble
Tirerack.com has blanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not really concerned too much about improving the stopping power. Just mostly want to get rid of all that damb brake dust :banghead:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
are brake pads on 7gen bust a lot?

on 6gen, OEM pads do not generate a lot of dust and they do pretty good job for stopping the car, there pretty much nothing on market that out perform OEM brake pads.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HONDA_99 said:
are brake pads on 7gen bust a lot?

on 6gen, OEM pads do not generate a lot of dust and they do pretty good job for stopping the car, there pretty much nothing on market that out perform OEM brake pads.
OMG u should see the 7th gen brake dust it is simply ridiculous... Way too much
I have an appointment on monday cause the front brakes are squealing on the driver side even when i dont hit the brake.. only at 12K miles this shouldn't be happening.. would they give me new pads under warranty u think?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Something must be wrong, because these cars hardly have any brake dust. Own a BMW and you'll learn the definition of a "lot" of brake dust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts