Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
ooh im very interested...i was just about to cut my shifter next week but ive heard bad reviews about it if u shift too hard and what not...hopefully they produce it soon!

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
hmm i have mine cut and havent noticed a thing....and since it has been nice out lately ive been runnin the car to death and havent had any problems with hard shifts....what have you heard because ive yet to experiance anyhting negative...

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
bleach called them up and the guy had difficulty understanding english.

they said they working on the 6th gens right now and they are gonna call me when they start working on 7th gens

you know seriously i dont see how though our 6sp shifters can get any better, in my personal opinion this tranny is amongst the top 3 shifting cars i have ever driven. i can shift using my lil finger, and im not kidding.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have a friend that works at a shop and he personally doesnt want to do it....because u never know...if someone did a bad welding job ur shifter could snap right off and you'd be stuck in traffic not being able to shift or something lol....iono he just suggested i dont do it and to just wait for a actual short shifter to come out

smokin6speed said:
hmm i have mine cut and havent noticed a thing....and since it has been nice out lately ive been runnin the car to death and havent had any problems with hard shifts....what have you heard because ive yet to experiance anyhting negative...

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
see that is where i dont understand...there was no welding involved.....so there is no loss of strength...you just cut it off at the height you want it and then get someone to re-thread it for you....so unless the steel is a lower quality lower on the shifter...which it isnt....it will be just the same...i'm not sure why you would weld anything on it to be honest...that just doesnt make sense...mine is freakin sweet.....

·
Registered
334 Posts
ah u cut it and rethreaded it...the guy didnt have the tools to rethread it so hed cut shifter, take about an inch chunk of it and weld the threaded part back to the rod ::shrug:: tahts just what i heard...anyway im waiting for this new short shifter!

·
Registered
33 Posts
adamkim83 said:
i have a friend that works at a shop and he personally doesnt want to do it....because u never know...if someone did a bad welding job ur shifter could snap right off and you'd be stuck in traffic not being able to shift or something lol....iono he just suggested i dont do it and to just wait for a actual short shifter to come out

LOL...it's funny you should mention snapped shifters. The first short shifter I bought for my civic was a mass-produced one from a certain company who shall remain nameless b/c I believe their products have improved. One of my buddies had the same shifter in his car and it snapped on him. I figured it wouldn't happen to me since I didn't slam gears or anything like that, but I went ahead and put a set of vice grips in my car anyway for insurance. Well, wouldn't you know it, I was very gently shifting into 2nd when all of a sudden, I've got my shift knob and half a short shifter chillin in my hand. So I pulled over, got out my vice grips and nursed my car back to the shop to have a stock shifter put back in. All of those type of short shifters had a manufacturing defect that when they were continually put through heat cycles by the exhaust system, the joining point between the upper and lower sections failed and they broke. That just goes to show you that you can't ALWAYS trust major manufacturers products either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts