Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tyler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys said not to go with a shock/spring setup but, I wanted to save a few dollars, and like I said before I know I'll be happy with it over what I have now (cut stock springs, and blown out shocks)
anyway I just ordered some springs and some shocks. I bought some Tokico hp (blues) shocks and
Tein S.-Tech springs

It was only $435.80 total including shipping and everything so I'm pretty happy with that.
the Tokico's were 238.00 and
the Tein's were 197.80

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a spring and shock combo. Sounds like a pretty good setup to me. I had H&R oe springs with tokiko blues before I got my D2 coilovers. The only difference will be unadjustable height and if you bought high end coils dampening control.

You'll enjoy that set up, should ride pretty smooth with a nice subtle drop.

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
I know you guys said not to go with a shock/spring setup but, I wanted to save a few dollars, and like I said before I know I'll be happy with it over what I have now (cut stock springs, and blown out shocks)
anyway I just ordered some springs and some shocks. I bought some Tokico hp (blues) shocks and
Tein S.-Tech springs

It was only $435.80 total including shipping and everything so I'm pretty happy with that.
the Tokico's were 238.00 and
the Tein's were 197.80
I had KYB GR-2 and Tein S-Tech for a few years.
I loved it.
Handled soft and smooth.

You'll be happy with the drop in a few months when the "sag" happens. it's pretty low.

Tein FTW:)

·
Tyler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thx for the comments, im pretty excited, the tokico's just came in and the teins just came in sat. hopefully i'll have them on in like a week to a week and a half. im really excited cause my stock crap is really terrible now

·
Tyler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed!!!
i got them installed Thursday (yesterday)!!!
it rides so nice. it handles beautifully, and quick, it feels like im floating on a cloud. my old stuff was ridiculously done. one of the shocks was actually broken, the metal hanger that get bolted down had snapped off. and another one wasnt even in the holder or what ever its called, (in the back that is that bowl kind of thing at the bottom of the coil.)
just switching lanes now feels so much better its like the front end just swivels its really cool. i had no idea what i was missing, wish i did it a year ago. very happy customer.

·
Tyler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pb blaster wouldnt have helped. it broke cause i cut the springs like 8 months ago, and its just that much more stress on the shocks

·
Tyler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I like it a lot. It's not a crazy drop so you cant hit any bumps, but it definitely isn't stock. That picture makes the back look like its high up, but I think its the angle I took the pic or the hill?.?. I'll take another pic on flat ground to show it better

·
Registered
162 Posts
finger gap?

Yeah I like it a lot. It's not a crazy drop so you cant hit any bumps, but it definitely isn't stock. That picture makes the back look like its high up, but I think its the angle I took the pic or the hill?.?. I'll take another pic on flat ground to show it better
This one is nice!

you could always do the finger gap picture! where you stick your

fingers in that BLACK HOLE, and snap a pic:eek::eek::confused::D:rolleye2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts