Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V6 Accord EX Coupe 6MT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the title pretty much sums things up. My family recently took ownership of a 2006 Accord EX Coupe with the 3.0L V6 and the 6-speed manual transmission. As this forum appears to be primarily focused on the V6 Accords, I thought this might be the best place to begin learning about the nuances of these cars. I would note that I've owned a few different Honda vehicles over the years and currently have both a Honda car and motorcycle to my name aside from the recently-acquired Accord. As someone who likes to work on these vehicles myself as much as I can (within reason), I've always highly valued the OEM Helm's Service Manuals. I know that there are CD versions out there, but I've always preferred the printed variety myself.

My son will be driving the Accord and I was hoping that he and I together could take on the basic maintenance of this car ourselves, along with some of the other things that are likely to crop up in a car this age. This would seem to be the best way for him (and I) get to know and understand the car better, but I don't care to do so without access to the OEM service manuals. I've done some searching with regards to this subject, here on this forum and elsewhere, and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm throwing up the white flag.

It seems that Honda made so many different variations of the Accord back in the 2006 timeframe that there are an incredible number of different service manuals to choose from. It appears that I'll likely need two at a minimum - the V6 Engine Supplement and whatever other base service manual that is needed to cover the Coupe model. Is this correct? I would have just inquired with Helm and purchased the manuals directly from them had they still been available, but that is no longer the case. So any advice or specific part #'s on what service manuals in particular I'll need to work on this car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2006 V6 Accord EX Coupe 6MT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it figured out thanks to a tip I received on another Honda Accord Forum. For future reference should anyone else be searching for this information, the Service Manual information for any given Accord (and more than likely any Honda for that matter) can be found listed in the Owner's Manual complete with the manual part #'s. I ended up purchasing the most recent 7th Gen manuals that covered the 2003 - 2007 cars just to make sure I had the most up-to-date published information. The V6 Supplement covering these model years was still available directly through Helm. I found a copy of the Base Service Manual covering everything else about these cars through the same eBay seller that I bought my S2000 Service Manuals from. So I should be all set when they arrive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts