Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt aware that there were DOHC 3.1's and thought that was just the 3.4. Anyway.... it is a 60 degree engine. Thanks for the link. If anyone has some retailers that would be good too.

·
Can I call myself OG yet?
890 Posts
first of all, there are no dumb questions, just dumb people. . .j/k

HONDA OWNS. . . . . . .that is all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll bet your sedan could fit a few more groceries than my car... but thats about it.

BTW: I PMed the person mentioned above... thanks for the reference.

·
Can I call myself OG yet?
890 Posts
just to make sure you didnt get offended, i would like to tell you that i was just playing about the stupid people thing. . .but still, HAHA I CAN CARRY MORE GROCERIES THAN YOU!!!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I feel so speacial :D

Unfortunatley there isen't a huge aftermarket for the 60* v6's. Headers, exaust, intakes, maybe some computer mods.

HOLY CRAP, I TOTALY FORGOT!!!! Go look at the GM catalog. They have splayed valve aluminum heads, normal aluminum heads, and other stuff. I also know comp cams and crane make cams.

And whats with the 90* DOHC? The 3.4 DOHC in the grand am is based off the 2.8/3.1/3.4 motors [all 60* motors], or at least I thought they were?

·
Registered
163 Posts
3.4 in the ga is a OHV pushrod ;) which you are correct in the rest of what you said.

there was a 3.4 DOHC in the firebird and camero i think back in 94ish year.

there was a 3.1 IIRC back in the late 80s/ early 90s pontiacs. its either that or the old 3.4 thats the base of the new 3800 used today.

im just working from memmory here lol. im working my way from the present back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts