Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my 5th car this year :suprise: but I've only lost money on the sale of one and that was my 1996 Maxima. This one is definately a keeper. I really have an aching to chip the vehicle to 18psi (stock is 8psi) to put the stock KO3 out of there misery and gain about 50hp/100tq. Next spring I'll have enough saved in special funds for a stage 3 kit (KO4 RS4 turbo's, 18-19psi but the turbine is infinitely more reliable and more efficient so it'll make more power under the curve) and then possibly I will do a full turbo-back exhaust.

·
Night Kid #999
506 Posts
nice car!!

I wanted to buy S4 too but my dad was like "you are too young to drive Audi"

I'm 22 years old and I'll be 23 this coming Jan.

I could have gotten S4 same price as my Tib :(

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AccordTypeR said:
nice car!!

I wanted to buy S4 too but my dad was like "you are too young to drive Audi"

I'm 22 years old and I'll be 23 this coming Jan.

I could have gotten S4 same price as my Tib :(
Thanks,

Suprisingly, my insurance premiums are a good deal cheaper than the bimmer

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The suprises keep coming on my car. Through checking some things last night, found out that I have upgraded SAMCO Throttle body boot #755, Audi TT (KO4 turbo version) 710N diverter valves (vs. stock 710A that have trouble holding stock boost) and also slotted rotors. There might be more things, I'm digging in further. I Just have to check the N75 and upgrade the F-hose and I'll be ready for a chipping on the KO3's. Apparently, according to other S4 owners when I posted these pics on the Audi boards, I have a short shifter as well.

·
i keeps it real
352 Posts
Max on This said:
The suprises keep coming on my car. Through checking some things last night, found out that I have upgraded SAMCO Throttle body boot #755, Audi TT (KO4 turbo version) 710N diverter valves (vs. stock 710A that have trouble holding stock boost) and also slotted rotors. There might be more things, I'm digging in further. I Just have to check the N75 and upgrade the F-hose and I'll be ready for a chipping on the KO3's. Apparently, according to other S4 owners when I posted these pics on the Audi boards, I have a short shifter as well.
dang mang, you bought a car w/o knowing any mods and stuff, kinda risky and shady from the seller, but hey no bad comments on the car itself, i love s4's

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its from a dealer, plus those above mods are welcome upgrades because they are of much higher quality than the OEMs and are the preferred upgrades after they wear down.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A good kit is about $2,500 +/- couple hundred dollars. You have to remove the engine from the engine bay either through the hood, or just dropping the entire front subframe with the suspension intact to it (Its easier this way, but only if you have access to a lift). If you have someone install it for you, expect to fork over another $2,500-$3,000 for labor. While your at it, you might as well do the following since its out:

Timing belt
Water pump
Thermostat
Ribbed Belt
Starter (normally you must drop the engine slightly to actually replace this)
Gutted downpipes
Turbo oil to/return lines

The tight spacing is the reason why S4's are known for failing OEM KO3 turbo's because of the heat generated. If you take care of the turbo's with proper warm-ups and cool downs, they should last a good long time. You'll get a warning from the police siren-like sounds the turbo will make when you're on and off the gas when its going to die, but the turbo's will normally still last awhile once they make that noise. It will gradually get louder and louder. You can drive on a dead turbo also, but thats no fun :D

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Max on This said:
Damn, your car is just full of surprises :D .

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
am i missing something here? i thought S4 are 8 cyl naturaly aspirated? why you talking about turbos for them? i did look into getting A4 1.8T and i know you can get KO4 turbos for them but are you putting turbo on V8?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts