Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
A 210 hp Mustang V6 does not trap at 101 mph, lol. That sounds like a V8 trap speed with a more V6-ish ET (horrible launch?), or a typo of some sort. something doesn't add up. :gotme:

edit: maybe they're dropping the truck motor and putting their 250hp 3.5L DOHC in there?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
SteVTEC said:
A 210 hp Mustang V6 does not trap at 101 mph, lol. That sounds like a V8 trap speed with a more V6-ish ET (horrible launch?), or a typo of some sort. something doesn't add up. :gotme:

edit: maybe they're dropping the truck motor and putting their 250hp 3.5L DOHC in there?
True but the V6 stang does have an abundance of low and mid end torque. Maybe it was an auto? ET still sucks though. What does your Cartest say Steve?

Either way cars these days are getting quicker by the minute :eek:

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
trapshot68 said:
well, just looked at the little "virtual road test" vid, and it says the camaro is good for a 14.5 sec @ 104.4mph, vs the mustang's 15.1 @ 101.8

i love 14.5 ets with 104+ trap speeds. makes me wonder when the afterburners kicked in.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
trapshot68 said:
hey guys, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just quoting what Motor Trend put in print. But we all know how mag times are.......
messengers are the first to get shot in a war. well not shot but beheaded and sent back on a platter.

·
5,056 Posts
trapshot68 said:
hey guys, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just quoting what Motor Trend put in print. But we all know how mag times are.......
did it list any specs?

·
5,056 Posts
sweet thanks :up:

But WTH is that crap? LOL, those numbers are absurd. Since when does a 240hp 3400 lb car trap at 104 mph. An E46 M3 weighs about that much, traps around 104, and has 333 hp. Obviously their software is jacked up because that makes no sense whatsoever. I could do a significantly better job with CarTest 2000 software. Actually I will. I should have some time over the weekend and I'll go through it and post my results, along with some competitive comparisons for baselines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You blokes think that's good.

You should take note of the I6 Ford Australia produces.

How does 13.9 sound from an 1800kg four door sedan with a turbo charged 4.0 litre DOHC inline 6 sound? All with an optional ZF 6 speed automatic.

Yep, Ford Australia's 4.0 litre six is king!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doom said:
Ford's stupid enough not to bring it over. And do I have to hear about the Falcon in 4 different threads now.
Yep. You sure do :D

What do you think of it though? I'd be interested to see what the yanks think of out pride and joy.

Also, what do you think of the (bag of ****) Commodore?

·
5,056 Posts
FalconXR6 said:
You blokes think that's good.

You should take note of the I6 Ford Australia produces.

How does 13.9 sound from an 1800kg four door sedan with a turbo charged 4.0 litre DOHC inline 6 sound? All with an optional ZF 6 speed automatic.

Yep, Ford Australia's 4.0 litre six is king!
That's actually my favorite car in Gran Turismo 4 on PS2. :rofl2:

Looks awesome, handles awesome, awesome engine. :up:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doom said:
The closest to a Commodore we have is the Pontiac GTO and I'd love to own one. Of course I'd prefer a 4 door version but they don't have that here.

Have you seen the original Monaro? What the GTO was BEFORE the yanks got their hands on it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts