Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to make another vid of my sub, the first vid was right when i got it installed and it was still pretty stiff.. that and also it was running off my oem deck

now after about almost two months, they have definatly losened up and hit noticably harder, espeically after i installed the pioneer 880prs deck yesterday... nothing crazyy or insane so dont expect much
its running off a hifonics class A/B amp @ 325watts... but im sure its alittle less than
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3dkOkCljw

pics of the hu i just got installed

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
nice setup. like the HU a lot !

i need to sell my memphis comp 12" subs though. that stuff is way too loud for me.

i can setoff every car alarm in a parking lot if wanted to :eek:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
00Accord4cyl said:
Headunit looks good!!! I was hoping you had the trunk closed in part of the video...the sweet sound of rattling :D
haha i actually have a clip of the trunk closed while the bass is hitting but i edited it and took it out cause the sunlight ruined the image and you cant see much, but ill see if i can get that uploaded

edit: heres part of the raw vid from the vid i posted up yesterday.. this shows the trunk closed and it rattling, but i cut it short cause of the imaging
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/Champaned_out/Videos/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

·
Registered
442 Posts
take off your license plate cover.... that should do the trick too.. i had the same problem .. and now, no more rattle (at least from the outside)

littletruong said:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
^^
ive held down the license plate and it isnt the one making the noise, its just the trunk overall, if i put some weight on my trunk with the palm of my hand, the rattling reduces to like 70%... the licesne actually is fine and barely adds any rattling noise.. besides i dont see how i can roll around town with no front or rear license plate

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
mainly the camera drowning it out
if i use some of the preset EQs from the deck like "Super Bass" it'll drown out the my front stage speakers
but i customized the eq so that i can get everything to blend as cleanly as possible w stock 6.5s speakers

and also, just got these taken a few hours ago... im turning into a pic/vid whore lol

and the best one saved for last... blurry pic ftl haha

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
itchthys said:
Is it me.. or is the 2nd picture.. white?
yea it has two color options
white/blue or pure white
the display cant change but the knobs and the buttons can change to blue

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Nice HU, system, interior, and ride ! Haha, yeah for reals don't remove the plates just for rattling issues hehe.

·
Registered
411 Posts
you can always take something like double sided tape, and stick it to the plate so the bottom (where theres no screws) doesnt vibrate.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
all those idea's are good ideas but really the license plate doesnt make any rattling nosies at all... its hard to believe, i know but for some reason my license plate isnt the cause of the rattling... its just my entire trunk that viberates lol, if i was to either put my palm on the trunk and apply alittle pressure the rattling would reduce by like 70%... i bet if i sat on my trunk there would be no rattling at all haha

mista jc said:
Nice HU, system, interior, and ride ! Haha, yeah for reals don't remove the plates just for rattling issues hehe.
thanks for the comments, but really after all the money i dropped in my car it still looks pretty stock compared to the majority of the members on this forum haha
i need to stop with car audio... i think ive dropped about $800 on audio just this past 2 months
time to move onto suspension or something more noticable lol

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
I had 3 12" JL subs in my old AV6 with dynomat and it rattled like hell.. what is it? its the trunk lids locking mechanism rattling around.. shave your trunk or get a CF and dont add the lock back in

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha i dont think mine is that severe.... it rattles alot outside but inside the cabin its barely audable, its all bass inside with minial rattling noises... besides i dont want to add more weight to my already heavy slow 4cyl. auto car

1 - 20 of 29 Posts