Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know brex has already posted this up somewhere http://www.asiasonic.com.tw/honda.htm
if i was to do this bracket where can i get a 0.5din retractable monitor??? does that even exist??

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
well technically, you wouldnt need the monitor to be half din. it can be a full din, cuz only the top half of it opens. ya know what i mean? so as long as you have the top half of the face open, it will slide out and flip up no problem

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know. but this kit seems to fit a half din unit. i was wondering if there is such thing as that

·
Who's yo daddy?
511 Posts
Oh god, what a find!! :up2:

Is there anyone who can source this? If so, I'd be very interested.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Oh god, what a find!! :up2:

Is there anyone who can source this? If so, I'd be very interested.
Mackdaddy.. where is your support when I was looking for someone testing this UNIT!!! :rant:

this is the one I found and sourced, and unfortunately.. only full din is available at this point.... half din.. they say soon.. but apparently it is the same height i heard..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey brex how much did one of those unit cost??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
brex said:
.. but apparently it is the same height i heard..

that sux :mad:

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
sux if u have a navi:(
Talking about NAVI... how come no one simply using the NAVI lcd? I thought there is a kit available already..

Also.. while looking at other's car with NAVI.. I had idea if I can get the navi's version of top air vent piece, the one with a hole where they put in some lcd? that display am/fm stuffs.. take out the display and we can probably stick a lcd in there.. ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
brex said:
Mackdaddy.. where is your support when I was looking for someone testing this UNIT!!! :rant:

this is the one I found and sourced, and unfortunately.. only full din is available at this point.... half din.. they say soon.. but apparently it is the same height i heard..
So the one you found is a full DIN opening? That would work fine with my AVH-P6500DVD, the screen is .5 din and the receiver that is attached to it is .5 DIN. I didnt think it would work from the picture because it looks like a .5 DIN, and id have to relocate the brain or something. So is the one you found a Full 1 DIN?

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
So the one you found is a full DIN opening? That would work fine with my AVH-P6500DVD, the screen is .5 din and the receiver that is attached to it is .5 DIN. I didnt think it would work from the picture because it looks like a .5 DIN, and id have to relocate the brain or something. So is the one you found a Full 1 DIN?
:confuse2: apparently no one really read it.. lol

yes, it is full 1 din size...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i want it. but how the hell do i order it?? i have no clue what that website is saying. can anyone help

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
how much is it and how do you attemp to install it?
I had it bought off retail and fedex to me so it costs me about $150.. but I have found good source and it should not cost more than $100 + shipping..
I can't test it myself.. i already have a LCD mounting kit on top of the same place.. i went ahead and get this unit thinking SOMEONE in socal would be nice enuf to test with me.. oh well.. =(

edit: not that i wanna blame anyone for not stepping up and help me out.. but just kinda wanna vent about the situation.. no one got the responsibility to help me out so.. you can just ignore me.. :p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts