Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been posted B4. :rolleye2: I have a 05' V6 sedan and when it shifts from 1st to 2nd when cold I get a shutter like a misfire. :( It is not the ABS "self check" crunching sound, but more like when a tire has a slick spot and slips and grabs. I can roll on pretty hard and it won't do it again. If it sits for more than 4 hours it will do it again. The dealer says that it is normal but I would like some input from others on exactly what is causing the problem if it is normal.

Thanks Chuck

·
Registered
206 Posts
mine does that on like uphill right turns, i think im just losing traction in my case

from what i read with everyone else, just wait till the cars dead haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have similar problem, except it doesn't happen when the engine/transmission is cold.

When it's cold, 1st to 2nd shift is very crisp. But after it's been warmed up, sometimes the 1st to 2nd shift stutters... and steering would vibrate a little. There's no noise, but you can feel the shift is lethargic. Of course, the problem is, this doesn't happen all the time even when the engine is warm. I have a 2005 with 16k miles. I didn't really notice the problem for the first few months... but once I became aware of it, I was hypersensitive to it.

But I think the stuttering definitely has gone down over the months... which I guess is good. :-/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More specific..

My car has 31k on it, already :eek: It almost feels like clutch hop but a little more mild. It does it most with the very first shift from 1st to 2nd and then settles down and is very hard to notice after warm up :confused: I live in my car. I am in outside sales so I notice even the most minor changes in behavior.

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts