Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my second Silverstar in 8 months has died and I'm sick of it.

What's the next(and more reliable) best bulb?

·
Gotta proble
180 Posts
try raybrig

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Sylvania XtraVision?

I heard that Sylvania SilverStars (USA ones) are not the same product as SilverStars (outside USA)

·
Registered
511 Posts
it's the extravisions that have greater light output, about 20% more than standard halogen. and no sh!tty ghey tint to it. just clear glass.

i've got 'em installed. why don't you?

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
just get HID man.
:werd: HID's will last longer than those Halogen or wanna-be HID looks. They use less power and give off a brighter light than those halogen. In the end, you'll save money buying HID's. HID's will light your way.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:werd: HID's will last longer than those Halogen or wanna-be HID looks. They use less power and give off a brighter light than those halogen. In the end, you'll save money buying HID's. HID's will light your way.
Yup, once I save up enough to do a projector retro I will.
I don't wanna put HID bulbs into regular halogen housing, most of the results I've seen were unsat.

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's recommended after starting up your car to wait atleast 7 to 10secs before turning on your headlights to prevent premature wear on the bulbs. Are you doing this? I've had my Silverstars for awhile now and my set is still going strong.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
herzzreh said:
What was that place in CA that does projector retros?
I forgot the name....
I think his name is illusion.. i might be wrong.. unless if your talking about some other place or person, then forget it.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
It's recommended after starting up your car to wait atleast 7 to 10secs before turning on your headlights to prevent premature wear on the bulbs.
Where did that info come from?

I've never heard anything like that...... and it really makes no sense (to me).

·
Registered
676 Posts
03LXV6Guy said:
Where did that info come from?

I've never heard anything like that...... and it really makes no sense (to me).
When I bought some CATZ bulbs a couple of years ago for my 00' Honda Prelude according to the label it had those instructions on it and since then I've been following those instructions with all of my cars and so has my three brothers and we all have yet to replace a bulb due to premature burn-out. It seems to work. ;)

I'm still going strong with my Silverstars and it's been over a year since I had them. I still have the same ol' CATZ on my Prelude and it's been a couple of years now.

:)

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
When I bought some CATZ bulbs a couple of years ago for my 00' Honda Prelude according to the label it had those instructions on it and since then I've been following those instructions with all of my cars and so has my three brothers and we all have yet to replace a bulb due to premature burn-out. It seems to work. ;)

I'm still going strong with my Silverstars and it's been over a year since I had them. I still have the same ol' CATZ on my Prelude and it's been a couple of years now.

:)
Thanks for the info. :up2:

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
just get HID man.
HID are great.. but not worth the trouble getting pulled over every so often in NJ.. If it wasn't for aftermarket HID being illegal... I would get them too..

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Tignws said:
the us silverstars are [email protected] tinted bulbs, the real silverstars actually give you more light
Wonder if the real silverstars are DOT? and if so where can I get them.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
i used to have silverstar...before give out white ish light but than..yellow yellow yellow..just like regular bulb...than i changed to blue light i order on ebay..which give out blue light...but burn out fast...got so mad....HID..now im happy with it..my hid look really nice and i can see the road more and produce alot of light...craziiii

1 - 20 of 27 Posts