Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
wj4 said:
whats the purpose of aftermarket sparkplugs btw? i dont know anything about them :angel:
There is no purpose. Spark plugs provide no hp whatsoever. Honda didn't spend milions on dollars so they could research and make a product that doesn't work. If your into loooks, then the spark plugs will help. If you want performance, than your out of luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The OEM spark plugs in 7 gen are either NGK or Denso (depending on the origin of the car and/or model) platinum electrode. It is not iridium. The iridium are supposedly better but IMO unnecessary cause if you put them you want feel any whatsoever difference and unless you don't stick a decal that you have "upgraded" sparks you can't even show'em off

·
'//¡ŽÐôM:.ñì¢Ë:.
140 Posts
dude said:
The OEM spark plugs in 7 gen are either NGK or Denso (depending on the origin of the car and/or model) platinum electrode. It is not iridium. The iridium are supposedly better but IMO unnecessary cause if you put them you want feel any whatsoever difference and unless you don't stick a decal that you have "upgraded" sparks you can't even show'em off
Yeah how can u show them off unless u took em out?? What's the point?? :eek:

·
Registered
841 Posts
:rolleye2: :smack: :rofl:

·
Registered
206 Posts
dude said:
The spark plugs in the 7th Gen accords are iridium tipped. I had a misfire code that kept showing up. Went to the dealer several times until they switched plugs for me. The plugs that came in it where Denso Iridium. They switched to NGK, and no more Check engine lights. Thank God. Anyway, the manual states that they are iridium.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts