Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I went to get some food earlier today and the car drove normally. Now I wanted to go to my father's house and the car does not crank or start. Battery is less than 6 months old (Optima Red Top), the alternator is less than 6 months old too. All the car electronics work (radio, interior leds, cluster, headlights, fog lights and tail lights). The car does the exact same thing as if I were to try and start it without pressing the clutch pedal. I checked for the green key indicator on the dash and it's not blinking while I start it so I don't think it is an immobilizer issue. I've tried hitting the starter a few times with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Might need to replace the starter altogether. Had the same problem when a few whacks to the starter did no good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If all the lights are working when you turn the car to on, and it started up without any kinks before, it's most likely a electrical issue. Check the clutch neutral safely switch you could have worn it out or just broke it, that happened to me on my old 240. Words of wisdom, always work from least expensive to most expensive. I learned that the hard way. Best of luck

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If all the lights are working when you turn the car to on, and it started up without any kinks before, it's most likely a electrical issue. Check the clutch neutral safely switch you could have worn it out or just broke it, that happened to me on my old 240. Words of wisdom, always work from least expensive to most expensive. I learned that the hard way. Best of luck
Thanks for your help. It was the clutch neutral safety switch. I just jumped it because it looks like a PITA to replace. Car is running fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts