Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zipy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, don't flame me too bad, but how loud would it be to just chop off the mufflers and and install extensions and tips? The way I see it, it couldn't be too loud with the exhaust still going thru 3 cats and 2 resonators. Anyone have any first hand experience doing this?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Zipy said:
OK, don't flame me too bad, but how loud would it be to just chop off the mufflers and and install extensions and tips? The way I see it, it couldn't be too loud with the exhaust still going thru 3 cats and 2 resonators. Anyone have any first hand experience doing this?
no first hand, but i can almost gaurantee it will be hella loud! the cats really dont' drown out too much noise, nor does the 1st res. The premuffler drowns out a tiny bit also. but w/out the muffler, i'm assuming it will be louder than any catback exhaust out there right now. I wouldn't do it, it'll probably sound like garbage w/out the proper muffler to adjust the tone/sound of the muffler unless u swap out your premuffler and put in a bigger resonator there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
hang on, I wouldn't dismiss it that fast. Its an interesting idea and something has to be said for the fact that after the 3cats, it goes through a resonator and a premuffler. I guess they only way you would know is if you tried it.

You could always just unbold the left muffler...that should give you a good idea of what it might sound like.

·
Registered
603 Posts
yah try it out, but w/out the muffler, there is nothing controlling the TONE of the sound, therefore it won't sound CLEAN @ all, i can almost gaurantee that. The idea of a muffler is to ADJUST tone, your premuffler/res do that, but they are not the main TONE regulators.

·
Registered
370 Posts
when i had my resonators and cat cut out before my new exhaust they fired up the car and rev'd it a little bit....it sounded like SHYTE!!! dont do it, it sounds HORRIBLE, loud, tinny, just very very annoying. but that's just my opinion - feel free to do it if you really wanna!

--hoop

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
see i have the borla cat-back system and i had the premufler and extra resonator removed and it sounds so much better...but I can only imagine that if you took off the two end mufflers it would sound like it was broken not supposed to be like that...just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts