Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to a shop to get a noise from under my car checked out. ( the noise that happens only at 2200rpm!)no welds on the heat shield were broken or damaged. He said it was the whole downpipe. He said there is a pipe inside of that pipe that is rusty and broken within the pipe. He said I need to get a new downpipe from the dealer. It on the part of the pipe that curves like a "s" closest to the big cat-converter under the middle of the car. I was wondering if the j-pipe you guy use on here will work well? It going to be big bucks from the dealer. I hate the noise, sounds Like I drive a 83 buick skylark piece of crap!:(

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
^ Agreed. Totally worth it not only for the money you'll save getting Richie's pipe, but the stainless steel will last longer and of course you'll get the horsepower benefit as well.

·
Super Mod
6,932 Posts
definately the best upgrade i've done to my car. only downside for me is that i can't control myself when it comes to stepping on the gas. the engine sounds soooooo much better at high rpm.

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
Definitely! On the J-Pipe group buy thread, Richie posts a Dyno slip that shows the gains with the J-Pipe...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Word. Get the rv6p j-pipe and don't even consider another thought about it.

You won't regret it. Nuff said.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
+1 on getting Richie's j-pipe. Very cheap (relatively speaking), looks beautiful, gives good gains even if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust (even though an aftermarket exhaust is necessary to realize full gains)...such a great product and he is VERY easy to deal with and communicates well w/ sellers. I just went ahead and got the test pipe from him as well. Can't wait to install it and see the gains and see if it deepens my exhaust tone even tough I have a stock catback (that's gonna be my next mod for sure).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts