Accord V6 Forum banner

Noisy Tires

961 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  flyvtec 
#1 ·
Here is my problem.
I bought 18 x 7.5 inch rims that I like but the rims came with Falken ZE512 (225 /40/ tires thate are pretty worn and only good for 1-2 thousand more miles. From what reviews say these are quiet tires but they are still to loud for me. If I buy new tires how much quieter will it get ?

Oh.....****.....I just went out to double check the tires and it looks like I have 2x 225/40/18 and 2 x 235/40/18. I guess next time should put on tires in the day time and double check sizes......

Any suggestions ? ? ? ? ? On what to do ? ? I currently have 235 on right side and 225 on left side.

Thanks
Rick

#2 ·
I replaced my stock Michelins(got 60k out of them) this past Janurary with the same Falkens you have and noticed that they are noisy but only at low speeds under 30.

#4 ·
For a quiet summer tire I highly recommend Avon Tech M500. I replaced BFG Traction TA's with the Avon's and they are amazingly quiet. A very good blend of noise (or lack thereof), handling, price, and treadwear. They're available in 225/40/18 if I recall correctly.

#5 ·
Read a lot of good reviews on the Avons...one thing about them is that they weigh 29-30 lbs per tire. So I wonder if the weight has an affect on how quiet the tires are. My Kumho KH11s weight 25lbs each and they are starting to get noisy with about 30% of thread life left. However...the KH11s were pretty quiet brand new.

#6 ·
jbbrann said:
For a quiet summer tire I highly recommend Avon Tech M500. I replaced BFG Traction TA's with the Avon's and they are amazingly quiet. A very good blend of noise (or lack thereof), handling, price, and treadwear. They're available in 225/40/18 if I recall correctly.
It looks like that will most likely be the ticket....I emailed tirerack see they wanted to give me and flytec a deal if we bout them but they said no....For now I'm going back to stock rims and tires until I make up my mind...or tirerack can give a deal. Unless I can find a deal on some.

Rick

#8 ·
i have the BFgoodrcih g-force ta kdw-2 and everyone that seems them says there the best tires out right now, they are for sticking to the pavement but they are so noisy, i too want something that is a little bit quiter. but discount tire said that these are the best. so i guess im sticking with these for now

#12 ·
I think it's characteristic for low profile tires to be noisy. I have the Falken xiex 512s on my Mazda in the size 225/45-16s, and in comparison to the Dunlop Sport W10s, they are extreamly quiet.

I recently bought 19s for my Honda accord coupe in 235/35-19, and the first tires i had were the Toyo T1Ss. Awesome performing tire, but DAMN WERE THEY LOUD! I couldnt stand it. The handling was fantastic though. I wussed out and stepped down to the Toyo Proxes 4 in the same size, and they are far quieter, and smoother over bumps. However, the tires is still a little noisier than i'd like. Also handling response doesnt compare to the T1Ss. It's definetly noticable that i'm riding on a wide lor profile tires still, and you can still hear some low speed roaring, but as far as a wide 35 profile tire goes, i think it's as quiet as it gets.

If you're gonna have low profile tires, i think you're gonna have to deal with some tire noise unfortunetly.

#14 · (Edited)
THERUIZFAMILY said:
It looks like that will most likely be the ticket....I emailed tirerack see they wanted to give me and flytec a deal if we bout them but they said no....For now I'm going back to stock rims and tires until I make up my mind...or tirerack can give a deal. Unless I can find a deal on some.

Rick
Yo Rick...I went ahead and ordered the Avon Tech M550 A/S from Tire Rack. Came out to $513 including shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.