Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I drive a 7th Gen Accord Coupe

I do not plan to add an aftermarket deck or power my speakers with an amp

with that being said, what would be a good investment for some 6.5s and 6x9s for my car?

Would it make a HUGE difference for me to invest in MB Quarts or Boston Acoustics when I won't even be getting half the power into these without a speaker amp?

MAYBE in the future I might think about an amp but for now I just want to UPGRADE my stock speakers, what do you guys recommend?

I already have a sub in the trunk and want clear sound comming from my door and rear speakers so the bass does not drown out my music.. Kinda pointless to hear all rumble and no lyrics..

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
clarity from better tweeters/midranges will help tremendously. Bostons,MBs require a good amount of power to get loud... and asking the stock HU to compensate for the subwoofer is gonna be askin alot.

You could for now install some MBs/Bostons/Alpines with the intent of adding an amp in the future.........or get some lower powered(high efficient) pioneers/kenwoods/eclipses... if you dont even wanna upgrade to an amp.

By the way what sub/amp combo do you have in the trunk?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have 2 12" rockford fosgate 3412's (150RMS) and a jbl bp600.1
nothing to blow the trunk open but i'm not looking for that, i'm looking for just the right amount of bass, and clarity for me and my passengers, i'm not looking to enter any bass-offs or anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts