Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey iv edealt with ICe and stuff before, meaning i know how to install and stuff...but i do not know what a "hi/low" is nor do i know what "clean sweep" is....someone help me out here?

Also ive just ordered new sub and amp, and was wondering if you guys though it would be sufficiate. For sub I got the rockford t110D4, and Amp i have a kenwood KAC-X811D...i have infinity three way 6x9s and boston 5.5s and am wondering about an amp for them, what do you guys think i should get?

·
Registered
229 Posts
well "hi/low" can mean several things:
1- a high to low converter, converts the speaker level out from a factory deck into a low level voltage for an amplifier. until recently it was the only way to hook up an amp to a factory deck.

2- high pass or low pass filter...filters either the higher frequencies which leaves bass for your subs, or it filters low frequencies which leaves highs for your mids/tweets.

the cleansweep is from JL audio. its the alternative to a "hi/low" converter to hook up an amp toy our factory deck. the hi/low converter is a low quality where the cleansweep is supposed to be almost as good as having an aftermarket deck. it gives you the low level voltage output, but it outputs the entire frequency spectrum (where a hi/low converter looses lots of frequencies).

whether a sub/amp combo works for you is more of a personal choice. it all depends on what kind of music you like, how loud you listen to it, and how much you like bass. What also varies is how low they like their bass. if you get a sub with a big cone then youll get lower bass, or a small cone, you get tighter bass (punchy...like from a kick drum). also, the box style and size matters greatly. i recommend a sealed box. its easiest to build,a nd it allows you to get either a bigger box to get deeper bass, or a smaller box to get punchier bass.

ok im outa breath now. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts