Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
:eek: :up2:

I highly doubt they would base it off of an F1 engine. Thing is, will we have to wait 3-4 years for the next NSX? And with a V10 on the way, is a V8 likely for the RL and Ridgeline as well?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Goddamn just reading that gives me chills and high anticipation...
If Honda designs a V10 you know its going be the best high-end V10 ever made.
Thanks for the heads up. :up2:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Gonna beat the Porsche Carerra GT's V10? :naughty:

BTW, don't hold your breath for a V8 in the ridgeline/rl. Both are FF/Transverse based platforms and there's no room for a V8 as it is, unless they take the cue from Mugen and put a longitudal F1 V8 and SMG in there :eek:

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
i really don't hink this is gonna happen ?:(

first they can't even design a proper V8 for the NSX, now they are gonna skip that and place two extra clylinders in there ????

and who the hell is MR Fuki ?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Uhh... Honda has been using V8's in their F1 and FIA cars for years. Honda is one of the best engine makers and you say they aren't capable for designing a proper V8? :rofl3:

Takeo Fukui is the CEO/President of Honda.

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
drkangel348 said:
Uhh... Honda has been using V8's in their F1 and FIA cars for years. Honda is one of the best engine makers and you say they aren't capable for designing a proper V8? :rofl3:

Takeo Fukui is the CEO/President of Honda.

I'm sure they can design a "proper" V8, but I would hardly call Honda the best engine maker by any means. Not everyone cares about hp/liter, unless they make the engine a decent size, it's still going to get eaten alive by "lesser" V10's and V8's. I don't mind the NSX, but a $90k sports car that can't break out of the 13's is a joke. Overpriced and overrated, it'd be nice to see if Honda did something worthwhile to them.

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
if u didnt know the reason why the nsx are that pricey is because the engine are hand made with titanium connecting rods. thats y and plus its does 13 in a 1/4 and 0-60 is around 5 flat. also its a v6. it was never a v8. and plus i saw vid clip of a nsx competing against 360 modena, lambo murcialgo, m3, lambo gallardo, and a porsche 911 turbo. and it came in 3rd. and if u look at the hp difference thats a hell of a good place. oh by the way this was at twin ring Motegi

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
Yeah, all that "technology" and money dumped into a V6 when even a small V8 would have made much more power, in more places. Seems unnecessary to me, I think they should have put some nut in the powertrain instead of something overpriced and marginally effective. I just don't see the logic when a larger engine would have been faster all around and made it a legitimate competitor. I would expect more out of the price tag than that. $90k, I'll buy a Porsche. Throw all the "technological marvel" at me you want, it means nothing if the car still doesn't perform.

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
Source=AutoWeek

"What we're aiming at next is not a V8 but a V10," says Motoatsu Shiraishi, president of Honda R&D Co., Honda's engineering arm. "We've got to be the top of a top (group) in producing engines"

We'll know in 2010 if he really means to make the 2nd gen NSX the top dog...I figure 550 HP minimum !

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
nc00max said:
I'm sure they can design a "proper" V8, but I would hardly call Honda the best engine maker by any means. Not everyone cares about hp/liter, unless they make the engine a decent size, it's still going to get eaten alive by "lesser" V10's and V8's. I don't mind the NSX, but a $90k sports car that can't break out of the 13's is a joke. Overpriced and overrated, it'd be nice to see if Honda did something worthwhile to them.

Hmm during the few years since the NSX's debut, the NSX decimated everything in its class... The NSX has aged ALOT but theres still engineering that went into the NSX that you fail to understand.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Whats funny is that it took manufacturers so long to even match the NSX...

For instance, it took a whole decade for the Corvette to even match the NSX... Even now only the new Z06 is competition for the NSX... the C5 was still slower than the NSX-R on a track course.

Even Ferrari and Porsches were overtaken by NSX's during its prime years.

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
Twice the price, it'd better outperform the Vette. To bad it doesn't do that now, or in the last 5 years, or some of the previous editions of Vette's that were around at the NSX's inception.

Engineering I fail to understand? No, don't think so. Engineer it all you want, it's not making the power it should for that car. The car's saving grace is it's anorexic weight, not the overhyped, strung out V6 in there. Gaff about technology all you want, I firmly believe the car is overpriced for how it performs, and the powerplant isn't fit for something in that class.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts