Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was browsing ebay and came across an auction for an OBX dual exhaust system for the i4's. anyone else heard of this system. im aware that OBX isnt exactly the greatest brand, but i just find it interesting that a company is actually offering a dual exhaust option for the i4's..if its legit, can anyone confim this?

OBX dual exhaust

·
Registered
179 Posts
You don't need dual exhaust. It'll be only hurting performance if you do for a i4 accord.

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am aware of that, im jus curious as to if this is legit or not. i think its kinda cool that a company actually developed a dual system for the i4's. the oly way prior to his (assuming its legit) was to go custom

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
terrylee79 said:
Do you have a dyno to prove that it actually increase performance? I'm not saying it didn't improve, but just wanted to see proof.
I don't have a dyno of my car. But I and my car mates of i4's had several competitions of 0-220, there is a significant improvement in aceeleration process. :D

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
fantola said:
I don't have a dyno of my car. But I and my car mates of i4's had several competitions of 0-220, there is a significant improvement in aceeleration process. :D
looks like a clean setup, but im sure you understand that your method of testing is not entirely scientific ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
skyline108 said:
off topic
fantola, you are taiwanese right :D
You're right. My i4 is the Taiwan model. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
sumptimwong said:
looks like a clean setup, but im sure you understand that your method of testing is not entirely scientific ;D
Yeah, I had my custom exhaust be like factory style.
Of course, I know that's not entirely scientific but more practical.
I prefer on-road test rather than dyno. Maybe I will have a dyno some other time. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
accord03 said:
wassup fantola...where did u get ur x brace from? summitracing?
Actually, the Summit Racing head quarter is just 5 minutes away from my home so I became the R&D partner. The x brace is still under modification and the one on my car is a sample. The final version will be released recently.
Here is the picture
PS. The x brace significantly improves the stability of undercarriage and I'm really satisfied with it. :D

·
ShOw Me ThE MoNeY
922 Posts
fantola said:
Yeah, I had my custom exhaust be like factory style.
Of course, I know that's not entirely scientific but more practical.
I prefer on-road test rather than dyno. Maybe I will have a dyno some other time. :)
how big is your piping?like oem?
for some reason, i feel kinda funny seeing your pictures taken in a city where i came from on this site and seeing the names of parts written in mandarin, u r gaving me homesickness :confuse2: :p

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
fantola said:
Actually, the Summit Racing head quarter is just 5 minutes away from my home so I became the R&D partner. The x brace is still under modification and the one on my car is a sample. The final version will be released recently.
Here is the picture
PS. The x brace significantly improves the stability of undercarriage and I'm really satisfied with it. :D

oh really...wow...how much lower does it hang?? and how much is it selling for...im interested in buyin one!

·
Registered
24 Posts
skyline108 said:
how big is your piping?like oem?
for some reason, i feel kinda funny seeing your pictures taken in a city where i came from on this site and seeing the names of parts written in mandarin, u r gaving me homesickness :confuse2: :p
The pipe is 60mm and the tip is 101mm. Are you a Taiwanese, too? ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
accord03 said:
oh really...wow...how much lower does it hang?? and how much is it selling for...im interested in buyin one!
As you see, it's just a little lower than cat-converter. It weights about 1.5KG.
The brace is not on stock yet and I'll let you know if it's on. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have 2 tanabe exhaust for sale if interested. Let me know. It was as2222's. Let me know if interested. Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts