Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the obx headers for the 7th gen accord. I had them on my 6th gen and they seemed ok. Thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts
Many people complained about fitment issues, I haven't seen any results though. Use the search guide and you should find several threads that will verify what I am saying.

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. by any chance does anyone know were I can get a j pipe other than richies. Thanks.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
thanks for the replies. by any chance does anyone know were I can get a j pipe other than richies. Thanks.
Why wouldn't you want to get Richies? It's the best and cheapest around (at least amoung the ones that fit correctly the first time).

·
CHONTE84
51 Posts
I have the OBX "Headers" but they are not real headers per say, but they are NOT CATS, they are just cat deletes, NO cats whatsoever, just bigger piping, and no, it will NOT fit, you have to mod it, i live in Florida and we don't have inspections, so i don't care, if you want to know numbers, i have that, K&N CAI, EVO II exhaust, and no cats AT ALL, NON!, just straight piping, and i got 241hp to the wheels, now i have the under run pulley from unorthodox but i don;t have a dyno for that.....

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
I have the OBX "Headers" but they are not real headers per say, but they are NOT CATS, they are just cat deletes, NO cats whatsoever, just bigger piping, and no, it will NOT fit, you have to mod it, i live in Florida and we don't have inspections, so i don't care, if you want to know numbers, i have that, K&N CAI, EVO II exhaust, and no cats AT ALL, NON!, just straight piping, and i got 241hp to the wheels, now i have the under run pulley from unorthodox but i don;t have a dyno for that.....
fine they are crappy cat deletes, either way they suck and should not be offered to people to buy. OBX says it fits perfectly blah blah blah.. well.. chonte you know first hand.

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CHONTE84 do you have a 6 speed or auto. I saw the OBX things ONLY fit the auto version.

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the site Archangel72 but I didn't see my car in the fit list. Would that be a perfect fit? Also seems kinda pricy $399 just the jpipe and another 125 for the race pipe = $524 plus shipping. Idk. Will probably get exhaust before.

·
Registered
722 Posts
^ It is a little pricey, but if Richie is out, then this may be our only option, unless we go custom. The part you need is for the TL. They are interchangable.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Both the ATLP and the XLR8 Jpipes are available at Acurazine. They both have great designs and should work really well. Get either of those if Richie is out and get Richie's test pipe, its less than half the price of the race pipe.

·
CHONTE84
51 Posts
I have a MT, but i think you have to mod it for either one, to tell you the truth their main problem is fitmen, it just has to be bent a little and re-attach them, which can be done with then installed in the car, no big deal for a muffler shop, people don;t like them becuase they are suppost to fit out of the box, that's what you think you are paying for, but like i said i don;t have to have cats on my car, and that being said i love them on my car, tone got better, a little louder, it lost some low end torque, but on Vtec, it just pulls, all the way to red line, here is the dyno i was talking about, this was without the UR pulley...

And these are some pics of the modding you have to do, i had it re-done cuz as you can see this was ugly as hell, it looks way better now

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
damn that sux,you buy something and it doesnt even fit whe its made for your car..
and the welding on that jpipe is bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts