Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here's the deal. I exchanged my gauge cluser with another v6p-er a while back to get his after market gauges. Only thing is that his milage was from a 98 accord and mine is a 2001. Basically now my car reads 123k when it should read 65k, or somewhere artound there. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the milage from the car computer to match with the cluster digital odometer. Any help would be nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
nothing can reset it from my knowledge. I had to have my cluster replaced last week because my odometer was jacked up and now it is at 0 miles. They put a sticker in my door jam that stated the previous miles.

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
slimtwigmj said:
Is there any way to read the real miles or will they only look at what the odometer reads?
I'm pretty sure there's no way that the real mileage can be read now. Your best bet is to write down the car's last-known real mileage somewhere, along with the mileage that came on the new cluster. That way, you'll be able to add the real mileage to the mileage you've put on the new cluster to determine the approximate mileage of your car from now on.

If you're worried about the resale value of your car being damaged by the cluster, then don't. A Carfax report will show the last reported mileage of your car and it will be easy for anyone to tell that the cluster is incorrect.

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
slimtwigmj said:
Alright here's the deal. I exchanged my gauge cluser with another v6p-er a while back to get his after market gauges. Only thing is that his milage was from a 98 accord and mine is a 2001. Basically now my car reads 123k when it should read 65k, or somewhere artound there. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the milage from the car computer to match with the cluster digital odometer. Any help would be nice.
123k, wow...that mean you are out of warranty :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
new ones you can buy from honda, but they are like $600, earlier this spring I bough a used one off ebay, after my overlays started causing my needles problems, I just waited and waited and waited till one showed up w/ almost the same miles. You can have them re-caliberated, but when i was first asking the dealership on that they said that I would have to ship it somewhere out of state and it costed $50 to roll forward and $300 to roll back. So I ended up getting a used cluster for 120.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
I've heard that it's possible to pull the actual mileage from the ECU, or something to that extent.

Doom said:
You're kind of F'ed on resale. Nobody's going to believe your actual mileage. :(
:werd:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm sure there is just an electrical signal they pump into certain wires connected to teh gauge cluster whill rolls the thing foward, to roll it back they just roll it past 999,999 miles :D

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
ghost_masterCL said:
I'm sure there is just an electrical signal they pump into certain wires connected to teh gauge cluster whill rolls the thing foward, to roll it back they just roll it past 999,999 miles :D
That is considered odometer fraud, which is both illegal to do and against the rules to discuss about on this board (V6P.net rules) .

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can have it reset its a eeprom piggyback tool that they connect to the cluster. you have to open the cluster. Places charge alot for this a speed shop might do it for you.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
haha, oh man, this is so illegal what you guys are talking about, haha, i wont be surprized when this gets closed.......its funny tho, haha. and heres a pic for you rule brakers, ive always thought this dudes face was hillarious:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts