Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
awww cute stickers
330 Posts
I've called 5+ local dealers about any sides regardless of color, and they said none in stock and Honda has discontinued them.

Did some online orders and calls for some out-of-state dealers (i.e. Majestic) and still the same answer.

What's the name/location of your dealer so I can give them a call?

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
I've called 5+ local dealers about any sides regardless of color, and they said none in stock and Honda has discontinued them.

Did some online orders and calls for some out-of-state dealers (i.e. Majestic) and still the same answer.

What's the name/location of your dealer so I can give them a call?
Troy Honda in Troy, Michigan

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Youre most likely not going to find the pieces you need in your coor, but if you want the OEM kit, buy the pieces where you can find them regardless of color...I had to buy mismatched parts for mine, and that was yeeears ago.

Also, with the fiberglass kit, you most likely wont have all the oem type hardware and templates. If youre lowered your not going to want it to be fiberglass...i would have gone through 10 or 15 lips by now.

·
awww cute stickers
330 Posts
Already have the front lip from a local dealer. Not interested in the rear.

My side skirt search was summer '08 - Nov '08 after hearing from 10 places that they're out and discontinued. I'm lowered but if all else fails figure fiberglass sides won't be too bad right?

Thanks, DT. I'll give Troy a shot.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Have you ever owned fiberglass?

I used to be kitted baaaack in the day, and only one panel survived, the driver side side skirt...

If you get the fiberglass parts, I would layer more glass to reinforce it, usually companys like to use as little as possible supply when making them to skimp on production costs.

·
awww cute stickers
330 Posts
It would be my first fiberglass for the sides assuming my search at the dealers fail again. I'm glad I snatched an OEM front months ago.

On 6GA so far two guys have the fiberglass replica kit. The first one sent it to the shop, and they sprayed RhinoLiner on the inside to reinforce it. The second one is currently installing it over the stock skirt. So we'll see how those turn out.

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
But the guy on 6GA has no mounting clips at all on his aftermarket skirts.

Im just glad I sourced down the whole kit within a couple of months =]

·
方法について&#
664 Posts
talk about oem lipkit, i been seeing a lot of them on 6g coupes here in chicago, heck.. if i don't get another accord with in the next 3 months i'm selling my oem lipkit which thank fully i took off before the accident. its green and near perfect shape beside front on having some rock chips on it, no cracks or fadding paint

1 - 20 of 21 Posts