Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I bought some OEM-style fog lights on Amazon and installed them last night. They fit perfectly and my uncle, a Honda mechanic, said they look and have the same wiring as OEM. However, when we went to turn them on... NOTHING! The fog light LED on the switch lights up, but the indicator on the switch doesn't and the fog lights do not turn on.

We ran a power test throughout all relays and wires, and we found that the issue is that the switch is not sending power to the relay by the battery to tell it to send power to the fog lights. We used some sort of tool that sent a charge to the appropriate wire in the switch connector, and the fog lights turned on.

My main question is, do you all think this means I have a faulty switch or could one of the relays be messed up or a connection be missed? We think it's a faulty switch, and if so, where can we buy a replacement switch?

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: found the switch number for the OEM part, 08V31-S84-1M010.

I'm gonna purchase that and hope it connects, but I also contacted the Amazon seller to send me a replacement switch. If anything, the OEM switch is only $15.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update: found the switch number for the OEM part, 08V31-S84-1M010.

I'm gonna purchase that and hope it connects, but I also contacted the Amazon seller to send me a replacement switch. If anything, the OEM switch is only $15.
that's your best bet, sounds like the switch. Ive installed quite a few oem Honda fog light kits in everything from the civic to the pilot, and they are a really nice kit. we have one oem kit at work that has been there for who knows how long, discontinued from Honda, so i might grab it. they will sell it to me for 200, our cost was 400, scary...
i dont see many with the fog lights in, i think it will look awesome.

·
SSM A-SPEC TL
271 Posts
I also bought my oem fog-lights from Amazon and they wouldn't come on. The light on the switch itself lights up and makes a buzzing noise too when you turn the parking lights off. I just gave up and went to the local pep-boys and got those aftermarket fog-light wiring kit and they work wonders. PIAA yellow fog-lights :up:.

·
YET 2 B SCENE
82 Posts
Treven, did the OEM switch solve your problem?

Im looking at buying the Amazon ones as well but i was going to buy an OEM switch, just because. If an OEM switch solves the problem, then i know what to look for. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts