1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
rear end kinda looks like genesis

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
Reading over the specs of the touring sedan, I'm excited actually.

I'm still not in love with the styling, but the creature comforts for family is great :)

Also,... I haven't really seen too much about the LED headlights. Does anybody know the color or type of output led headlights produce? Is it better than HID?

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
the overall styling of the sedan is nice, although it looks like a baby genesis. i saw one at my local dealer last weekend and i liked it. but they should've put hids those projectors and leds in those tail lights.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I have done a little bit of research on the 9th gen Accord, and I especially like how one car magazine articulated what they thought of the handling... They said, "If you've been looking for an Accord that handles like its made of recycled CRX's, this is it".....

The one thing I HATE is that it went to electric steering. Why car companies want to take steering feel out of the driving experience in the name of 1 or 2 MPG is beyond me...

But, I priced a 9th gen sedan in SPORT trim (189hp 4 cyl and 6-speed manual) and $24.5k is not bad for what it seems to offer.

One thing I just read on MotorTrend.com though is pretty interesting.... MT states that the 2013 Accord sedan Sport (4cyl, 6-speed manual) goes from 0-60 in 6.8 seconds!!!!! That is crazy because I clocked my 06 AV6 (automatic) sedan from 0-60 before and the fastest I got at the time was 6.75 seconds!!!

So basically, Honda has found a way to take 189hp and 182Lbft. and make it just as quick as my 7G AV6 with 244hp and 211Lbft!?!? :bonk: 2013 Honda Accord First Test - Motor Trend

That seems a little far fetched, but if it is at all true, then I don't need the V6 (which is something I never thought I'd say)

·
▒JDM ¥ KING▒
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Come on guys, there are LEDs in tails on 80% of the line-up. Pay attention please haha

And they went the right way finally! ... no more dual bulbs - cheap choice.

·
Nam
393 Posts
These are the pics from my trip to the dealer today for the 2013 Accord. I thought there is a flare underneath the mirror as a part of the body kit, but it actually the camera for lane-departure warning. Pretty neat, indeed. One more thing, the LED DRL only comes with V6, i4 only has the reflector. Then the whole 9-yard is the Touring.
P.S: The rear actually looks like the Genesis, though.

·
▒JDM ¥ KING▒
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
^ You mean Modulo, right!?
Look at post #4, that's it...or not.

...for Mugen will have to wait 2 more months, also for Inspire to come out in J.

Something tells me Inspire will have PHEV body style.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts