Accord V6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
So I just went to my local Honda dealer and test drove the 2013 Accord sedan Sport. First, I sat in the '13 EXL sedan and the leather is AMAZING... The leather on the new Accord is so soft and supple that it is notably better than the 7th gen and 8th gen.

If I were to get a '13 Accord however, it would have to be the SPORT because I want the 6mt... So I test drove a cream colored SPORT sedan in automatic because they did not have a 6mt on the lot. First off, the SPORT does not come with leather (big bummer) and it does not have the LED DRLs... It does however come with dual exhaust (the only 4cyl that does) and 18" wheels.

Also the SPORT has turn-key ignition (something I like better than pushbutton). For a 4 cyl it is pretty peppy. I can only imagine that the 6mt would be alot more responsive. One thing that was pretty cool about the CVT is that it acts like an automatic. In regular DRIVE, when just driving normally, it simulated shifts. When I pushed the pedal down for added acceleration, it simulated downshifts like a conventional automatic.

The steering, as I suspected is absolutely DEAD feeling. It does point the car in the direction you are trying to go, but it is very very light and you can feel absolutely nothing whatsoever! Really sucks! But the body control is good, and you can't feel a single bump in the road.

A few low points in the SPORT: The SPORT comes with halogen tail lights, and the higher models come with LED tails.... Also the horn sounds like the Roadrunner... GONE are the healthy sounding horns, at least in the SPORT....

Also, the SPORT only comes with 4 speakers and the sound system is kinda inadequate... The EXL sounds better....

Would I get one, ehhhh, I'm not sure about that one yet... The horn, tails (which isn't a very big deal but I'd swap them out later on for the LED ones), lack of leather and sunroof (pretty significant con) and numb, dead steering (the BIGGEST con!) make it hard to say just yet. The cons associated with this vehicle make my 06 feel just as significant, if not more significant of a vehicle.

On a sidenote, after I test drove the '13 Accord, I test drove a '10 Maxima SV and the Maxima had a much better steering and road feel. Apples and Oranges I know, but I'm just throwing that in there as a frame of reference as to which car seems to suit me more.... Drive-wise

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
i saw one today on the road and i definitely see the potential show stopper in the sedan. i could easily picture it dumped on the ground with a mild kit, and it'd look amazing. cant wait to see what people do with them.

·
▒JDM ¥ KING▒
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
US gets cheap stuff again.
Check out CAN specs:

Performance and Efficiency
3.5-litre, 24-valve, SOHC, i-VTEC® V6 engine
6-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control
ECON mode button and Ecological Drive Assist System™ (Eco Assist™)
Electric power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering (EPS)
Advanced Variable Cylinder Management® (VCM®)
Interior
HondaLink™† with audio touch screen, featuring access to Aha™ Radio cloud based services
HandsFreeLinkTM-bilingual Bluetooth® wireless mobile phone interface
Text message and e-mail capability*
8" i-MID (intelligent Multi-Information Display) LED backlit LCD TFT display that shows audio and phone info, trip computer, rear camera and settings
Leather-heated front seats
Leather-heated rear seats
Proximity key entry system with power trunk release, power window control and pushbutton start
AM/FM/CD Premium audio system with MP3/Windows Media® Audio playback capability and 7 speakers including subwoofer
Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with trilingual Voice Recognition and 3D map display
†Standard data rates may apply.
* Text message and e-mail functions are only compatible with certain devices.
Exterior
Projector-beam LED headlights, LED daytime running lights and LED taillamps
18” aluminum-alloy wheels
Dark chrome grille and dark chrome door handles
Body-coloured heated folding power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators including expanded view driver's mirror**
LaneWatch™ blind spot display**
Multi-angle rearview camera**
Fog lights
Dual exhaust with chrome finishers
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system** and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system**
**Does not replace the driver's responsibility to exercise due care while driving.
Safety
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) with Traction Control
4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
^ wow, congrats on the new car... let us know how it compares to your 05 :up:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The coupe is suppose to drop today.

As someone who had a 2003 EX-L V-6 the 2013 I picked up Saturday is a light years ahead. My dad had a 2008 EX-L V-6 and him & my mom both commented on how much better a product the 9th Accord is overall.

·
▒JDM ¥ KING▒
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I want to see 4G TL exhaust tips on 9G. There is space for rectangular ones or some mean quads ala 3G TLs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also the horn sounds like the Roadrunner... GONE are the healthy sounding horns
Hi My name is Cindy, Im New Here on V6P. I have a 2013 Accord Touring. At first I didnt like the horn sound, it sounded like ummmm.... weird but after I've surched online u could actually upgrade the Horn. So I went online and bought new horn, now the horn sounded loud like the horn supposed to sound. As for driving wise im still kinda trying to get the hang of the new steering :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm its looking awesome... I love the new accord because Honda make many changes in new model as compare to previous model. And these color are looking also great. Thanks for sharing the photos. I like all of them.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts