1,130 Posts
damn.... should of waited for GB

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
Dampers were shipped today!

I got home late and can't find the receipt foe the tracking #'s though. :/

U guys should all have them by Friday ;) if or when i find the receipt, I'll post the #'s. ;)

·
Euro accord wannabe
1,130 Posts
Had it for a week now, it's AMAZING! can feel the shifts, road and the engine a lot more love it

·
Registered
4 Posts
pa1nt13aller,

First two pics in the original GB post on page 1 show the damper assembled as you're suggesting... seems like it would be most effective when aligns with the direction of up/down engine movement while allowing for equal side-to-side movement. Your lower heim joint looks like it could benefit from that adjustment.

I could be over-analyzing and I'm sure Sean will advise you.

·
497 Posts
ya it just seems it would be more effective at a slopped angle rather than a "Z" pattern. It actually perfectly fits on the bolt further back but I'm doing it of course how sean said it should be

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Sean. Just came in the mail today. I'll be putting it in with my new mounts when I change my clutch. If anyone is looking for the oem clutch kit I just ordered it from rock auto for $153 plus shipping, comes with the throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and line up tool. I almost bought the kit from my parts guy at work but it's way overpriced even with employee discount. It's basically a Luk clutch kit in a Honda box.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely want to do this when the rest of the car starts coming together. Just did the Check-valve delete and this seems like another great mod to improve daily driving.
Does anyone have any comment as to how hard this is to install?

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
It looks fairly easy to mount if you have small arms and the right length extensions. Neither of which I have so it is still in the box for now lol.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #475
How much does this help wheel hop?

Do you have any ready to roll? Is it still the $115 shipped?

Thank you

Yes, I have a few custom brackets left.

Yes, 115shipped til there gone.

Helps TREMENDOUSLY with wheel hop and helps saves all other drivetrain components from wear ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
What bolts are used to fasten this to the head? I got one second hand and think I am missing a bolt (it might be buried in the box).
If I remember correctly, you use an existing bolt that holds a wire harness to the head. You have to bend that harness bracket a little (At least I did to make getting it back on a little easier) but you use what's already there.

461 - 480 of 518 Posts