Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas -

ok so want to get new rims, will a 40 offset on 20 x 8's rub? I was told if I turn the wheel all the way, it will rub. I have it dropped 1.3-1.5 right now. What you all think?
 

·
indoctidiscant
Joined
·
3,790 Posts
jason2713 said:
Hey Fellas -

ok so want to get new rims, will a 40 offset on 20 x 8's rub? I was told if I turn the wheel all the way, it will rub. I have it dropped 1.3-1.5 right now. What you all think?
depends on the tire. if you go with a 225/30/20 tire you should be fine.

a 235/35/20 will give you issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OwAce said:
depends on the tire. if you go with a 225/30/20 tire you should be fine.

a 225/35/20 will give you issues.

yeah id go with a 225/35/20 I've seen others with 20's with this set up, but the offset was a lil higher, not sure if that 3-4 mm difference will really pose problems, the rims I want only go up to a 40mm offset. I've seen most people on here with a 42 or 44 offset....so that's why i ask :)
 

·
indoctidiscant
Joined
·
3,790 Posts
jason2713 said:
yeah id go with a 225/35/20 I've seen others with 20's with this set up, but the offset was a lil higher, not sure if that 3-4 mm difference will really pose problems, the rims I want only go up to a 40mm offset. I've seen most people on here with a 42 or 44 offset....so that's why i ask :)
you gotta stop thinking rim size, and start think OVERALL tire diameter size and then factor in offset adn IF YOU are going to be stretching your tires.

http://www.massdriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12942&highlight=stretching

somewhere in that thread, there is a link for safely running stretched tires on wide rims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OwAce said:
you gotta stop thinking rim size, and start think OVERALL tire diameter size and then factor in offset adn IF YOU are going to be stretching your tires.

http://www.massdriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12942&highlight=stretching

somewhere in that thread, there is a link for safely running stretched tires on wide rims.

yea i understand what you mean, thanks for the advice, i will read up on this and post pix when my baby is fixed, has the new rims, and has my rotora bbk system installed.... i get butterflies thinking about it! I want my stinking car back!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top