Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you might remember my post asking if Pentium D would be worth it.

I am in the process of building my system right now and this has been one of the most frustrating experience I had with computers.
First problem I had was with my PSU.
It had a broken screw in it. But I didn't care. As long as other 3 keeps it in place and works who cares. I put everything together. I plug the power in (switch on back of PSU is switched off) and it goes on automatically and won't shut off. I turn it off manually by the button on my case. Now it won't turn on again.
All my other computers are outdated so non of them has PSU with 24pins.
I run out and get a new PSU and it works.
Send it back to newegg.
I wanted to try the water cooling system so I bought the parts and installed it. I admire the work and turn it on. I am getting CPU fan error. I reinstall everything and samething. I tweak around with the wires and error is gone. People at thermaltake not only forget to do spell check but also forgot to mention anything about fan wires.
Now the computer comes on and goes in to BIOS without any error but bios won't detect my drives but that was my fault for not reading the manual.
Anywho solve t hat problem. But my optical drives are not working. They are detected in the bios but not in windows and doesnt work.
Tried what I could and run out and got new cables and it works.
Now I can install the windows.
I install the windows and I think I am done. Smooth sailing from now on but wrong again. I install all my drivers and all my system settings are correct and turn the computer off. But It won't shut off. windows getts stuck on that blue shut off screen. HDD is off but rest of the system is on.
I update the bios and reinstall everything and now it works fine.
Finally I am ready. I install all my pc protection stuff and connect to the internet to update pc security softwares but I am getting limited or no connectivity. I tried everything I can think of and searched online for solutions but nothing worked. I was out of ideas and I couldn't find much help online either. I decided to try everything over again. I gathered all the NIC I could find and tried each one. I was on my 4th and thinking I am wasting my time. I already tried using different NIC. But it worked. Turns out it was bad onboard network adopter and only 2 out of 5 NIC I have are good. Now I am feeling stupid for being so frustrated about something so simple.
I am going to send my motherboard back to have it replaced and I hope that will fix everything.
:eek:

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
^ i feel your pain, so i gave up with building my own system. so now i either buy dell, or get someone really really smart with computers to build them for me.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Limited or No Connectivity in XP usually means the DHCP server is failing to assign you an IP address. Make sure whatever router your network is using is properly configured, and if so, try a static ip. You're on the home stretch, you just have a configuration bug at this point. Good Luck :cool:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VTEC-v6! said:
Limited or No Connectivity in XP usually means the DHCP server is failing to assign you an IP address. Make sure whatever router your network is using is properly configured, and if so, try a static ip. You're on the home stretch, you just have a configuration bug at this point. Good Luck :cool:
Yes i understand what the prblem is with limited connectivity. Assigning static IP address gets rid of the error message but still cannot connect to the internet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts