Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal, i wanna clear up some of the wiring in my trunk so i want to buy a 5 channel amp to power my whole system instead of two separate amps.
Now its been over 5 years since i've wired the system, so i dont remember what OHM i wired the sub in and i do not want to pull it out and unscrew everything and pull the sub out of the box to see what ohm i wired it in. So my question is there a way i can find out what ohm its wired in by testing the box's terminals?

thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
222 Posts
Get a digital multimeter and set it to measue impedence(ohm). Connect to your sub's speaker wire, positive and negative. Carefuly and lightly push on the sub's cone so it goes in and out. While doing this watch the meter and it should report the impedence. It will probably report something like 3.4 or 4.2 ohm for a nominal 4ohm impendence sub. If it is 2ohm nominal it will read somewhere around that range, etc...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone, for your input and thank you peapod especially saved me a lot of time from pulling the sub and opening up the box.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
PeaPod said:
Get a digital multimeter and set it to measue impedence(ohm). Connect to your sub's speaker wire, positive and negative. Carefuly and lightly push on the sub's cone so it goes in and out. While doing this watch the meter and it should report the impedence. It will probably report something like 3.4 or 4.2 ohm for a nominal 4ohm impendence sub. If it is 2ohm nominal it will read somewhere around that range, etc...
Nice man.. someone who actually knows something!

Hard to find these days...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts