Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing my mind a dozen or so times, and actually having 2 different cams and getting rid of both, I ordered a cam today, which should be pretty much my final mod except maybe an LSD. I gave a friend one of the other cams I had, and he's going to hook me up on the install and do most of it for me. :D So, the hard part is out of the way, and the car goes under the knife the week after X-mas. The more I think about it, the more I can't wait, I feel like a little kid at X-mas time. Anyways, I'm getting a relatively aggressive cam, and it dynos gains of about 35-50whp dependent on mod levels. Seeing as how I'm intercooled and have the rest of my valvetrain upgraded, I should in theory see close to the top end of that. I'll lose a little bit of low end, but the top end should feel insane now, and there's still plenty of low-end to get me to 4k rpms in time, which is where the cam starts to shine hardcore, all the way to redline. I'm upgrading the injectors and I'll have to retune it a bit, but that's ok, I'm going to want to throw it on a dyno afterwards anyways.

Hopefully I can get a visit to the track in beforehand. I ran a friend of mine with similar mods that ran a [email protected] and walked away from him on a 60mph roll, so with luck and a good launch, mid 12's shouldn't be out of the question by any means, and I should have some killer traps to match. After this, I should be done, minus when it comes time to repair the tranny. I don't think I'll do much more till I pick up another daily driver, but the car should be good enough for a while.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts