Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
enjoying j36 luv
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so can some one tell me why my car woulded shift out of 2nd??and my #'s before tune was 198hp and about 160tq.then after the tune 206.2hp and 201tq now it wasnt a dynojet is thios why my #'s came out this way?

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
like sixspeeder said, unless you do a 3rd gear pull, its hard to get a good accurate tune. what kind of dyno did they use? im thinking it was a dynopack, cause ive heard its difficult getting it into 3rd gear with certain automatics.

wideband o2 gauge is vital for reading realtime a/f ratios. unlike the narrowband that runs off the cars sensors, it uses its own o2 sensor tapped somewhere in the exhaust pipe.

·
enjoying j36 luv
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think it was a dynopack and it was a wideband they tuned it in 2nd with the mods i have car was running real lean now with tune cars running alot better deff feel more of a pull i think im going to need that damper now motor shifts to much

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
You would get more accurate numbers on a dynojet running in 3rd gear. The guy who tuned your car should use D3 and start at about 3800rpm. Thats where the tranny wont down shift into 2nd. My car was dynoed in 3rd gear and I put down 198.4WHP and 176.4WTQ on a dynojet just with CAI.

·
enjoying j36 luv
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
see idk why he started about at 3400 rpms and it was in 2nd and it woulded shift to 3rd he tryed about 5 or 6 times, and it woulded go so he had to do it on 2nd. and also to get the car on a dynojet around here one shop quoted me at 600$ and he even said he didnt knoe how to tune with the afc neo he never did one .so i didnt go there to do it .now the place i went to the guy said it was easy to tune with the neo he has done it lots of times so that made me go to him .then when i heard the price i coulded belive it.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
see idk why he started about at 3400 rpms and it was in 2nd and it woulded shift to 3rd he tryed about 5 or 6 times, and it woulded go so he had to do it on 2nd. and also to get the car on a dynojet around here one shop quoted me at 600$ and he even said he didnt knoe how to tune with the afc neo he never did one .so i didnt go there to do it .now the place i went to the guy said it was easy to tune with the neo he has done it lots of times so that made me go to him .then when i heard the price i coulded belive it.
I don't know why your car wouldn't shift into 3rd. He didn't have it in D2 did he? Then it won't shift into 3rd gear.

The price you paid seems very reasonable.

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
what shop did you go to? Was it RCT Performance, I go to those guys religiously,and have had them do an immense amount of work. You should try having them put it in D3, might make your car easier to get into 3rd gear.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts