Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question, why are the optima batteries so popular....................what do they do that is so much greater than our batteries sorry if i sound stupid but this is not exactly my strong point :eek:

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
red top cuz the color im guessing ..it looks good and doesn't weigh much??? im guessing stock batteries r 50lbs. while redtop one is 33lbs? anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kleptodathief said:
red top cuz the color im guessing ..it looks good and doesn't weigh much??? im guessing stock batteries r 50lbs. while redtop one is 33lbs? anyone know for sure?
oh ok..................i was not sure i just knew alot of people get them and they are expensive if that is the case i will stick with mine haha :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
well they charge faster, so they dont use your alternator as hard, they also can help if you live in cold areas, because it will not drain itself of power.

Another good reason they are better is if you have a system you can turn your car off and still listen to your radio and beat your subs.

look them up on thier website and they will tell you why they are better.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
does anyone kow which is better? i want a red one because it matches my car but the website says it's made for off road trucks and SUV. Will it work for my car?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Red ones are not really for our cars but there's a guy on Honduh.com that has a red one. The yellow top ones, model 34/78 is for the 4cyl 6th gen's. I'm getting a yellow one.

Red top in a 6th gen:

Yellow top in a 6th gen:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
How much will one of these batterys cost for the accord?

ALso where to buy them for cheap?

My oem battery has an acid leak and stuff is growing on the - terminal. Got it checked out and the shop says it needs to be replaced. However ive been driving with it still and it still works fine.

When will it die on me?

·
Registered
32 Posts
just passing by and saw this post, well for optima batteries, they are gel type. they do not spill so you could mount they however you want without worry about battery acid spill. also they recharge faster and give higher Cold Cranking Amp, which is very good for those who run high performance or just heavy weight sound system. In other word, they are good battery and dependable brand, Kragen sell a similar type call Orbital battery, but not as good as optima( still beat OEM though). yea... thats the differences. maybe more but i dont remember.

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
I just got a Yellow Top last weekend ..

I fcuking got a steal on one : ]

My parents were at an Easter party and my dad met up with one of his old friends from the past and the dude got the Yellow Top new from work for free and then sold it to my dad for $15 ..

yay

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dtownz Thrillah said:
I just got a Yellow Top last weekend ..

I fcuking got a steal on one : ]

My parents were at an Easter party and my dad met up with one of his old friends from the past and the dude got the Yellow Top new from work for free and then sold it to my dad for $15 ..

yay
damn, dont the yellow tops have trouble with the connectors going to them, and do our grounding kits still work with them........also what did you notice different with the optima battery?

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
My Yellow top fit perfectly .. Well it was a little too short for the battery tie down to hold it .. but I put a piece of 1/2 inch rubber mat underneath and it fit perfectly ..

The 6th gens have grounding kits? I think you are mistaken with then 7th gens .. All I had to connect with the battery was the positive and negative terminals ..

And what differences?

Well for one I have driven with the car for a couple days because I garage my car alot and I drove at night one time and my headlights did not dim as much as before when I accelerated with my car ..

Time to get a capacitor hooked up to my system .. I hate when the lights dim when my system bumps .. haha

·
Registered
908 Posts
i have yellow top Optima and it works fine. There wasnt a grounding kit to it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
difference as in lights staying brighter or if you have a stereo what did it do to it, and grounding kit i mean by the v6p grounding kit for my 6th gen accord ( will it fit) and 7th gen grounding i dont know what your talking about i did not even mention anything about a 7th gen :confuse2: . i put a capacitor on my system and i cant really tell a difference..........thanks :D

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
sorry if im hijacking this thread, but does anyone know wat the model/part number for a v6 6th gen RED TOP optima battery?

is it the 75/35 model? do i need that battery height adapter? these batteries r hard to find!!! does anyone have this battery on their car and can confirm ??? thanx if u can help

·
Life's a Beach
676 Posts
You can get a red top from Pep Boys for $109. I had one and it went bad in a year, many people with experience with them told me they suck specially if you have pullies.

The people that told me this are in the auto sound business and are not related or know each other, I have'nt heard anything about the yellow top tho.

·
Suspension Noobie
478 Posts
but I thought the yellow top was better 4 system (dual purpose) and red tops just a starter batt? mabey that's why the your audio people talk bad about them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts