Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i'm from NZ and here we only got the auto v6 accord/inspire. I've got a 2008 Inspire which has the J35Z2 (VCM) and im wanting to tune a couple things. Ktuner have told me they don't support my ecu which leaves me with a few questions.
If I bought a ktuner flash for my car would it work with just a few things being able to be tuned or just straight up not work at all?
Would there be a way to tune my ignition timing without a full ecu swap, like a piggyback type system.
Is there a way to remove the 180KM/H speed cap?
Lower the vtec engagement.
Is there a Air fuel controller thing I could wire in to change ignition timing ect?

Ive tried looking everywhere but there seems to be little to no threads on the auto J35.

Looking forward to the replies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, i'm from NZ and here we only got the auto v6 accord/inspire. I've got a 2008 Inspire which has the J35Z2 (VCM) and im wanting to tune a couple things. Ktuner have told me they don't support my ecu which leaves me with a few questions.
If I bought a ktuner flash for my car would it work with just a few things being able to be tuned or just straight up not work at all?
Would there be a way to tune my ignition timing without a full ecu swap, like a piggyback type system.
Is there a way to remove the 180KM/H speed cap?
Lower the vtec engagement.
Is there a Air fuel controller thing I could wire in to change ignition timing ect?

Ive tried looking everywhere but there seems to be little to no threads on the auto J35.

Looking forward to the replies.
I just purchased a AEM FIC6 controller to try and tune my j35, I will let you know how it goes once I can get it to communicate with the ECU.
The AEM FIC can retard timing as well as add fuel, change injector paulse width and skew o2 signals so the car doesn't see your adding fuel and try and correct it.

Did you ever find anything to tune your car with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just purchased a AEM FIC6 controller to try and tune my j35, I will let you know how it goes once I can get it to communicate with the ECU.
The AEM FIC can retard timing as well as add fuel, change injector paulse width and skew o2 signals so the car doesn't see your adding fuel and try and correct it.

Did you ever find anything to tune your car with?
No I never found a solution. I was looking into those AEM controllers. Definitely reply back once you give it a go

·
Registered
5 Posts
No I never found a solution. I was looking into those AEM controllers. Definitely reply back once you give it a go
Got it to start up today with the AEM FIC installed! Was able to add fuel but I don't have the cam and crank hooked up yet Because I wasn't sure if it was hall effect or mag that is used for the cam and crank sensors so I'm not able to retard timing atm. Once Ive messed with it a little I will let you know how it's going.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it to start up today with the AEM FIC installed! Was able to add fuel but I don't have the cam and crank hooked up yet Because I wasn't sure if it was hall effect or mag that is used for the cam and crank sensors so I'm not able to retard timing atm. Once Ive messed with it a little I will let you know how it's going.
Sweet, sounds like it may work for what im wanting. I'll look into one I think

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey could I ask for a link to where you got the AEM FIC from? I cant seem to find anywhere oddly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts