Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 14 +

Votes: 10 18.9%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im almost ashamed to admit it, but i typically spend 2-3 hours on v6p each day, intermittently.

as a student, i am almost nearly in front of a computer. every once in a while, on study breaks, i'll check in on v6p. probably happens 6-8 times a day, about 20 minutes each visit.

i justify the time spent on forums by viewing it as a form of job training for my future profession. as i intend to move into the automotive industry after i obtain my degree, all of the knowledge i gain regarding the automobile and its subsystems can be applied at my future workplace.

you guys?

NOTE: poll is stated in hours per WEEK.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
sumptimwong said:
im almost ashamed to admit it, but i typically spend 2-3 hours on v6p each day, intermittently.

as a student, i am almost nearly in front of a computer. every once in a while, on study breaks, i'll check in on v6p. probably happens 6-8 times a day, about 20 minutes each visit.

i justify the time spent on forums by viewing it as a form of job training for my future profession. as i intend to move into the automotive industry after i obtain my degree, all of the knowledge i gain regarding the automobile and its subsystems can be applied at my future workplace.

you guys?
i think i spend like.. 5+ hours? i duno.. at work.. i work at a cellphone place. theres not much business so its v6p.net or myspace... :( and now.. its 4am. im suppose to study for a midterm and guess what.... v6p it is again... is there someway we can track our hours online??

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spec7 said:
and now.. its 4am. im suppose to study for a midterm and guess what.... v6p it is again...
LMAO!! exact same boat as you. trying to study for a financial accounting MT

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
GPerlAccord said:
im on this dang thing 24/7! hahaha. j/k
...but I do have v6p set as my default page for my browser :D

dang.. default. thats HARDCORE! ahhah. i would never get anything done if that was default. cuz once i open a window.. then i gotta start searchin the forsales page... then the 7gen page.. then the regional page.. ahhah

by then i would forget what i was suppose to do in the first place.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
I got MTV on and V6P :D

I have a laboratory job where I don't have to be at work until 4PM in the afternoon but I get home at like 1in the morning. That should explain why I am still on :cool:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
too much. i'm constantly on the computer writing crazy 12 page papers and since v6p is my newest addiction, it's just too convenient.

gperl, what lab job do u have?

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
hey joe....man you're still up? I don't think I can ever sleep well anymore either.

I work at a QA lab doing micro-testing

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
sorry for thread jacking.. this is my last interuption.. promise.

gperl, can u hook me up with a job in houston? i've worked in qa/qc with lots of environmental lab experience. resume available.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
I'm in finance and have a computer in front of me everyday for 8 hours+ (not inlcuding breaks of course). So when I diffuse from the numbers, v6p is where I'll land. But when Friday hits, v6p does not see me 'til the next Monday.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
dymondawg said:
I'm in finance and have a computer in front of me everyday for 8 hours+ (not inlcuding breaks of course). So when I diffuse from the numbers, v6p is where I'll land. But when Friday hits, v6p does not see me 'til the next Monday.
what do you do in finance?

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
OwAce said:
what do you do in finance?
I work for a global leader in HR Outsourcing. Within Client finance, I prepare contracts, calculate project budget estimates, and perform a little internal auditing here and there (to say the least).

·
I &#9829; My Honda
1,891 Posts
im on here all day... pretty much when there is nothing on tv im on hehe... im even on when there are things on tv haha

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
umm... i dunno if just having it open counts. I open up my browser, go to V6P, but then i open up a bunch of other tabs in my browser and start AIM, iTunes... and have a bunch of things going on at once while still at the forums. I'd say around 2 hrs.

·
The Music Must Change
1,025 Posts
Hellz no to accounting.

Finance on the other hand....considering.

Simon is #2 in Finance in the US I think and it's free for me since I work here already haha.

Fiancee is thinking of getting mba in Financing & Accounting which prepares for cpa. All I know is that average salary of graduates from this school is roughly 70k/each.....I hope to be above average :p

At the moment though I spend 2-7 hrs / week

1 - 20 of 29 Posts