Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 2005 Accord 4 cyl LX 5 spd w/ RSX rims

We got this about a month ago. So far it seems to do pretty well considering the elevation we are at (5500-6500 feet). The day after we got it we shaved the emblems off, put two coats of Zaino on, took the resonator off of the intake and I cleared the headlights. A few weeks later we got the windows tinted. Today I put on H&R springs, but I think I missed a step. Can you tell what it is? :)

The day after we got it

Tinted windows

lowered and shaved

·
Registered
108 Posts
I really like how your car looks with the headlights cleared - Makes your car look much sharper! How'd ya do it?

You should get the painted side trim also.. it'll make your sides look more even with the front and back.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpicyTofu said:
I really like how your car looks with the headlights cleared - Makes your car look much sharper! How'd ya do it?
There are probably directions on here somewhere on how to clear headlights. Basically you heat them ( I do it in the oven at 215 degrees), pull them apart, remove the reflectors, and put them back together with a fresh seal of silicone.

SpicyTofu said:
You should get the painted side trim also.. it'll make your sides look more even with the front and back.
Good eye! I didn't even realize that they disappeared in the pics until you mentioned it. It would definitely look better painted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how did you get your headlights clear like that? I have an 05 white coupe that would look great like that. Please do tell!

Edit:

I guess if I would read I would find my answer earlier in the thread! Thank you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks clean with the new RSX rims.
Cover up Acura center cap w/ Honda Center cap

Keep it on. Forget borrowing.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Looks clean. And I was going to recommend the EX side skirts also..... they're about $220 for the pair.

What are you missing? A camber kit!?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ACDV6 said:
Keep it on. Forget borrowing.
I don't think my wife would be too happy riding on my stock steelies and wheel covers because I won't give her back her rims! :D

03LXV6Guy said:
What are you missing? A camber kit!?
I still haven't had the camber checked yet, but if I find that it it is way off, I will definitely buy a camber kit. :up:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice car have the same model and same color myself. I brought the car in for an alignment and the front was right on. The back needs the kit though,,,its off ,but not that bad. I just painted the side skirts mysef and they cam out great. Color match from Pepboys autoparts.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
murfs66 said:
I just painted the side skirts mysef and they cam out great. Color match from Pepboys autoparts.
I was thinking of doing that myself. How much was the paint? Did it come in spray cans or do you have a paint gun that you used? What did you do to prep the side skirts before painting them? Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did the work myself and it was very easy. The spray came in cans and I found the color code in the book there. I bought 3 cans and probably could have used 4. I preped it first by washing them with soap and water then rubbing alcohol to get all the grease and grime off . I then put some adhessive primer on it(pep Boys as well). The primer bonds paint to plastic. Then I shot about 5 coats of paint each coat waiting until its tacky (read can and follow instructions). After it competely dries put some clear coat on them to seal it. Be very careful on what clear coat you get because some of them turn yellow when dry. Also be careful when pulling the skirts off you may break the little tabs that hold them on,but they are cheap to replace. Good luck and I'll try to find the link I used for the paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think if you look in the DIY section they have some stuff on the DIY skirt painting. Thats where I saw it. If you want after you paint it you can color sand and buff to make the paint shine even more. I didnt ...mine came out great. I also took some red lens repair tape and taped off the clear backup light lens. It looks great and was real cheap. You cant tell its tape. It looks stock. I did it this way to avoid getting tickets here in California. They pull you over for everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Remember to be patient and let the paint get tacky before the next coat. good luck and watch out for the clips on the skirts. There very tricky...I just pulled real fast and hoped for the best....

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
for the skirts you have to pull the skirts to the left then you pull the skirts out. thats how i did it on my coupe when i changed mine to the EX ones. i did not break any clips.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I replaced the side skirts on my 2000 Accord with EX side skirts. I didn't have any problems getting them off, but maybe they have changed how they are mounted. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
TreeTribe said:
The Headlight clearing looks amazing.... I wish I knew how to work with silicon to reseal it.!
It's super easy. I buy the silicone that is in the tubing just like caulk. I get the all season silicone. I used black on my S2000 and since I had some left I used the same color on the Accord.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts