Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've been looking around and found out that the 2011 accord has paddel shifters, and when I was searching a couple of weeks ago saw a person with what I belive was a 7th gen accord with paddel shifters on it. This accord had an acura steering wheel tho... I was just wondering if this is even a possible job to do for a 2003 Accord coupe v6. I've always wanted a stick but can't find an 03 coupe v6 unless i go to cali (when i live in atl). Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
He prolly just had the acura tl type s steering wheel..where the paddle shifters were just for looks and basically useless.. It might not be an impossible task but def have yet to see someone make em work..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I may be wrong but I think he had a tl trans with tiptronic functions to go with that steering wheel, tl motor as well? It might be a good idea to read through that thread to find out how he did it.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,784 Posts
Quoted from NicePeta's thread:

"tl shifter and tl ecu. thats it.
oh and someone who can wire all those together"

--------------------------
Would be costly to have someone wire it all up. Not any mechanic/builder could do this. It would take someone with some damn good knowledge of wiring schematics and familiarity with both Honda/Acura systems.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If you guys can tell me who us " he" then i would love to read up on the thread
i have met "phunctional" in person before and his tl-s steering wheel/paddle shifter mod is awesome. fully functional and makes the car very unique. dont doubt that!

btw he got it wired up by chieu from 4aeauto. the mechanics you know might not be able to make it work, but chieu did it

he actually has a thread on it with all the pics and answered many questions but im too lazy to look that up for right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info. do you guys know what year model for the steering wheel is needed? and the same for the ECU

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
I think only the TL-S has paddles... so 2007 or 2008 steering wheel and ECU for the TL-S. You probably need the shift assembly as well to replace yours (especially if you want tiptronic shifting) but I'm not sure on that part.

·
Registered
245 Posts
not worth it... its just another autotragic with the paddle shifter...

did want on my 6thgen... but too much work and not enough result...

better get a 6spd from cl-s with lsd... then... WOOT WOOT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts