Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any kind of pads that has low dust, cuz i juss got my rims n its all dusty nomatta how i wash it by the way i got a 04 sedan ex

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
TtodaC911 said:
does anyone know of any kind of pads that has low dust, cuz i juss got my rims n its all dusty nomatta how i wash it by the way i got a 04 sedan ex

Ceramic........there should be alot of info. out there. I have Napa Gold ceramic pads..If you do a search you should get alot of info.

Rick

·
Registered
358 Posts
hmm i dunno about that... but i will tell you cost me 110 bucks to install ceramic pads on my front brakes including the pads...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
habibnazir said:
hmm i dunno about that... but i will tell you cost me 110 bucks to install ceramic pads on my front brakes including the pads...

Yeah ceramic pads are not cheap........I think its worth spending a little more instead having to spend time cleaning rims.
Rick

·
Registered
358 Posts
hey you konw what
i have a question...you know those new cross drilled rotors?

can we install those on ceramic brake pads or do we need special pads? also...i just changed my brake pads on last wed. but haven't driven the car since thursday snice im recovering from an operation...

can i just get the new cross drill slotted rotors and install them or do i need brand new fresh outta the box pads also?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
is there a thread that just lists replacement pads and rotors, like organized with detailed info? i thought i saw one before but couldnt find it thru searching. we need more threads like that with clean/uncluttered info that are stickied. and just have people for ex. comment on the pads and rotors without getting offtopic.

just an idea. Btw i need either good pads for my front brakes bc theyre are squeekin like a *****. i just replaced my rear pads like 2 months ago and my 04 i4 coupe is only at apprx 19,000 miles now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Raddy21 said:
is there a thread that just lists replacement pads and rotors, like organized with detailed info? i thought i saw one before but couldnt find it thru searching. we need more threads like that with clean/uncluttered info that are stickied. and just have people for ex. comment on the pads and rotors without getting offtopic.

just an idea. Btw i need either good pads for my front brakes bc theyre are squeekin like a *****. i just replaced my rear pads like 2 months ago and my 04 i4 coupe is only at apprx 19,000 miles now.
get ceramic brake pads...i think the v6p store sells some or hardtopguy not really sure where i saw 'em before but with ceramic pads you're pretty set to go

i usually get rotors shaved every time i change pads too...its only like 15 bucks to do 2 rotors so its not a bad deal and last longer and prevents warping of rotors and smooth braking at high speeds.

·
Registered
358 Posts
think i have ProPads or soemthing like that...from Pep Boys ceramic...had 'em on the rears for about 25K miles now, work great..got a little squeak when braking as I slow down and pass through 40 to 45mphs... so i gotta get tha looked at..

and just got the front rotors hsaved and brakes installed from my local gas station buddy.. 110 bucks pads and rotors shaved..ceramic .. had it done last week...only have 100 miles since than no complaints yet!

i dont know much about these high performance brake systems and what not...but for my application iknow the oem equipment and these ceramic pads work just fine. i might upgrade rotors to cross drilled for looks, no need or real practicality for me, this is just a daily driver for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts