Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
paint my fog light and grill PICS updated 8/20

So my bumper got smashed. The bodyshop is going to buy me a new bumper and front lip for my 6mt. I was thinking of getting the foglight housing and the grill where the emblem is to be paintmatched with the bumper. I have until next week before I take the car to the bodyshop(waiting for insurance approval) Do you guys think I should get it paint matched or leave it black? the grill I think is dark gray. my car is below or at my gallery.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would at least paint the fogs, I'm undecided on the grill. if you do the grill, consider painting the H black to complement your CF hood.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Wrap the oem grille with cf and paint the emblem black or leave it the way it is. No to painted foglights.

·
wah?
973 Posts
i would say a no for the painted fogs unless they are gloss black or something. and do what hongda said, wrap the grill so it matches your hood.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks good Hondaism, what if I CF wrap the grill but paint match the fogs? I will get gunmetal or black for the "H" though. I have until Thursday to decide. More pics would be great.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my insurance company is going to send me a check to pay for my repairs. If so, what if I get a carbonfiber lip instead of the HFP lip since it costs $352 for the HFP anyway.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
miloaccord said:
I think my insurance company is going to send me a check to pay for my repairs. If so, what if I get a carbonfiber lip instead of the HFP lip since it costs $352 for the HFP anyway.

go for it, i wanna see how it looks like.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like my insurance company will send me a check for the repair of damages. Should I go ahead and get the carbon fiber lip and paint match the other items or just get the lip and leave the other parts alone? I currently don't have the extra funds to carbon wrap the grill.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I am taking my car into the body shop this friday or monday. can somebody photoshop a carbon front lip to my car? at least color the front lip the same as the carbon fiber hood. can't figure out how to use photoshop. I will probably just paint match the grill and leave the fog lights alone.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, your awesome. I guess paint matching the grill would help balance out the carbon fiber color. you think I should paint match the fog lights or leave it black? again thanks for your time with photoshop. I need to read the manual sometime.

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
i vote to leave them black- it matches the hood better.

though hondaism's SBP paintmatch looks siiiiiiick. wow.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, looks like I will leave my foglights black but paintmatch my grill until I get the funds to get it carbon wrapped.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the car is now in the shop, I am going to order the carbon fiber lip. too bad because of the shortage of carbon fiber, the lip will cost as much as my hood. Thanks Joedanger for your time so I can see what the car will look like. Thank you to those who responded.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my car back, I am waiting for my Carbon fiber front lip to come in then I will post pics. Too bad they recycled my bumper because there is a hole in the front where the dealer drilled to put up the license plate. :(

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
miloaccord said:
Got my car back, I am waiting for my Carbon fiber front lip to come in then I will post pics. Too bad they recycled my bumper because there is a hole in the front where the dealer drilled to put up the license plate. :(

yeah when i got into an accident they recycled my bumper too...only replaced the lip...those bastards!!

but i would say leave everything the way it is..in the photoshopped picture i think it looks hot with the black accents and silver..well to me everything coordinates.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My carbon fiber front lip should be installed by tomorrow. I had the grill paint matched, Since I did that, I will need to get gunmetal emblems because chrome on silver is hardly visible. I will have pics after it is installed. Technically, the carbon fiber front lip only cost me about $150 because I had to pay the 100 dollar deductible and $50 difference including tax and shipping for the aftermarket front lip.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here are the photos of my car with the lip installed. too bad they did not cover the hole where my license plate used to be. I will cover it with a matching sticker. I will need the emblems to be black or gunmetal or carbon wrapped. don't know yet. let me know what you think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts