Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I decided to take my pin stripes off on my nbp accord coupe that I had for 1 week. I actually scrubbed it too hard to get off the sticky craps and it has scratches.. minor hairline scratches.. i'm just so pissed...

anyway, that's beside the problems. I still see the lines in the sun light at certain angle.. what can I do to remove this??? what can I use to remove scratches???

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
Yeah, use a polish on it. But I would do a whole detail on the car if your gonna polish the pinstripe area. If you use alcohol, you will strip off everything if you havent waxed it already.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Try a polish first. If that doesn't fix it, try a light compound and then the polish. And finish it off with wax.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what's a good polish to use?

I've been reading the detail forum and many people suggested maquires. It's a brand new car and I don't really see point of doing clay bar and all the steps that involves it...

anyone suggest a good setup?

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
what's a good polish to use?
Personally, I use the S100 products.

So, for a polish, I would use the S100 SEC (Shine Enhancing Cleaner). For scratches, I use Scratch-X first, then S100 SEC, then S100 wax. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
NO GOO GONE! it's bad for the clearcoat!

use 3M automotive adhesive remover. it's been designed to be used by shops, and is developed to not harm automotive paints or finishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts