Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an extensive amount of searching and found some good info on painting your engine cover. Here is what I found so far...

1 clean parts really good first.

2 sand to make smooth ( optional but a good idea )

3 use high temp primer

4 paint in multiple light coats

5 high temp clear coat

let dry very well..

I was wondering if painting your chrome pipe for my cai would be the same process.
or is there a special paint for chrome. I plan to also paint my battery hold down and a few other small resevoir covers and things so I want to have the same color and FINISH on all things painted.

CAN A TL engine cover fit the 98 accord automatic v6... anyone have any pics of their cover painted.. please oost em here...

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
for your cai, it'll be better to powdercoat them...

and you can use sandable primer if you dont want to sand down the cover.

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts

I just cleaned mine off and sprayed them with the Krylon Fusion spraypaint. They came out better than I thought, but im gonna redo them in a different color soon.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
that's hot man. i like that! i was thinking about doing the same to my car...only i gotta get the signet silver paint matched. apparently tower paint can do it and it'll come in a spray can. i'm worried that it won't have the metal flakes in it though. guess that's not too big of a deal.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Its quite eazy and a low cost mod for sure!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks guys... whumbachumba did you also repaint the manifold or did you just clean it...

anyone have their intake painted to match the engine cover...

does anyone know if the acura TL cover will fit the accord and if you have it please post a pic... i'd love to see one done up nice.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
i'm gonna post mine up just becuase everyone else is.. :D

you can powdercoat your intake manifold or you can do it like mine... this is my current one.. using satin silver metallic with clear cloat... i'm iin the process of redoing mine again.. :D

and heres my old pictures of my engine. this was just using hi temp silver. with clear coat.

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts
I think the easiest way to paint them if you just want a basic color is to use the Krylon Fusion paint. Its pretty cheap, and you dont really have to do any prep work.

But always remember to take your time and spray light coats ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the pics everyone, i got some paint specially designed for plastic and some high temp clearcoat...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts