117 Posts
its allabout the inspire engine cover

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JDMITR22 said:
Here's a pic of my engine..

What would you paint? The black plastic?
i have a tl engine cover ..it's black plastic basically, and thats what i was talking about when i was asking about painting it

·
Banned
117 Posts
Iwould difinetly paint it to match the color of the car unless your car is black. Duh!

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
anyone ever thought of doing it? or has anyone done it?
Yea. And yea.

I had my engine cover, as well as my splash guards and oem fog light housings, painted Eternal Blue and clear coated (Dupont paint) by a local body shop. They wouldn't warranty the engine cover, due to it being in the engine bay, but that was fine with me. All the painted parts look great, imo.

I'll post some pics in the near future.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
03LXV6Guy said:
Yea. And yea.

I had my engine cover, as well as my splash guards and oem fog light housings, painted Eternal Blue and clear coated (Dupont paint) by a local body shop. They wouldn't warranty the engine cover, due to it being in the engine bay, but that was fine with me. All the painted parts look great, imo.

I'll post some pics in the near future.

that'd be great

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Check out my gallery everybody. tell me if you like what i have done to my engine bay,

·
Banned
117 Posts
chrome letters are jdm and came that way. mugen socks for the resevoirs. injen cai mugen oil cap and radiator cap. and of course the original mesh pedals. The sway bar is stock on the six-speed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts