Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so yesterday I just picked up a 4dr Type W wings West front lip.

I was wonodering do I need to do any preparation to it before I take it to a shop to get it painted?

ALso any suggestions of good paint shops in Norcal? And about how much will it cost to paint the lip?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wouldnt prep the wing at all, I would let the paint shop do it for best results even if it cost just a bit more.

front around 200-300 and rear wing 300-400 is fair

unless you know someone!

(go to a custom paint shop not a macco!)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
djspock3030 said:
I wouldnt prep the wing at all, I would let the paint shop do it for best results even if it cost just a bit more.

front around 200-300 and rear wing 300-400 is fair

unless you know someone!

(go to a custom paint shop not a macco!)

wow it cost 200+ to paint a lip? I thought 100-150 was fair?

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Depends on the shop and what kind of work they do and what type of paint they use. if its better ... u do the math.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inthikmelody said:
should be around 150 i think if you know someone even better i got my whole kit painted for 200 =)

do you recommend any shops in the norcal area that can paint the wings west lip?

·
Registered
302 Posts
well i dont really have any experience with paint shops other than having my kit painted so cant really help you out there. you can find a whole bunch by searching yahoo locals or something. unless you wanna try my friends shop.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I would highly recommend not prepping the surface in anyway because you risk messing something up. If you are looking for a fair deal either call aroundfor price quotes...or hit up some friends for referrals. Good Luck! and post pics when you get it painted and mounted up

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
inthikmelody said:
well i dont really have any experience with paint shops other than having my kit painted so cant really help you out there. you can find a whole bunch by searching yahoo locals or something. unless you wanna try my friends shop.

Hey,

That would be helpful if you can ask your friend for me. Where is the shop located?

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would the Wings West Front Bumper (only) look good on a sedan? I live in PA ... (terrible roads) and personally I am not lookin to shell out a ton of cash on my 98' accord... I can buy the full kit for 600 or just the front bumper for 200... I really am not lookin to lower it either just swap the bumper thats about it.... any suggestions ... also where can I buy some eyelids for my headlights?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts