Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running the RV6 pre cat deletes with the magnaflow catback? I'm wondering how it sounds since their catback comes with a resonator. I have the rv6 jpipe v3 and magnaflo catback,and wondering how much the sound will change.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I don't know if I help much or not, I have pcd, j-pipe, and magnaflow res and mufflers with custom 2.5 piping. I have some clips but I am not sure if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
these are some shots

this is the rolling vid
url=http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/duck617/?action=view&current=IMG_1460.mp4]IMG_1460.mp4 video by duck617 - Photobucket[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm surprised nobody has this setup. as many people say they have the pcd's there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good reviews of them with different catbacks.i heard a honda the other day with horrible rasp and don't want mine anything like that. sounds too good right now.

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
I have a V1 J pipe and V2 PCDs with a test pipe and a Borla Catback and I absolutely love it. Not raspy at all. I have vids That I'll post up, but they don't do it justice.

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
You could say that... I has one huge resonator (Id say atleast 2 feet long by 5 inches around), then it has a mid-muffler and then 2 more mufflers (one at each end). I was kinda pissed when it showed up and had all that. Its no where NEAR as loud as Magnaflow, but dam do I love the tone of it. I'm havin trouble uploadin the videos from my phone, so I'll post em when I get home.

@Duck - Dam that thing sounds good! Was that vid with the Smalser?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'd get the PCDs. If there is slight rasp, you could always replace the resonator with a slightly larger one from Magnaflow. And since your catback is Magnaflow as well, it should work flawlessly. However, if you don't want to cut your catback at all, then that's another story.

Your car will sound much different after the PCDs. It's a more aggressive, deep, 'burbly' tone. I personally love it. Here is my car with my custom 3" catback (Magnaflow reso/Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers) and custom Jpipe/merge collector.

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
Ok here's the vids of mine (they arent that good...)
Richie's V2 PCDs, V1 J pipe, Ebay test pipe and Borla Catback.

And just for ****s, open PCD ;)

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
that sounds great sonnick. got anymore sound clips?

·
Mr. Detail
1,136 Posts
I had an 18" resonator and a Magnaflow muffler on my 4th gen Accord, ended up having to go with a quieter muffler because the drone was so bad. That was 10 years ago though, and 4th gen Accords aren't that well insulated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts