Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, starting 2013 Smog Test centers will no longer be doing the "stick test" for reading emissions. They will rely only on what the ECU says is reading.

My question is, what is the C02 readings on the fake 02 sensors? Will I be able to fly by the smog tests with that the fake 02 sensors are reading? I would have to find a shop that would look past the visual inspection. Anyone have PCD's and the TORQUE app on there phones??

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
where is this? In CA?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Ouch. Lucky I am moving. But still really interested in this new tech

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. There has to be someone here that knows. If you have PCD's, an android, buy an OBD dongle and tell me what your CO2 readings are! PLEASE! I promise you the app is worth it

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I heard its easier to cheat the smog test now since its using a computer. And you smog every 2 years after your car is more then 6 year old when it first bought. Just remember you can pass the smog test but still fail the visual.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NHBAV6 - You probably have a faulty Dongle. My OBD resets all my codes... Also the latest version of TORQUE does in fact have CO2 readings. Either your dongle doesn't work or you have the old version of TORQUE.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
I could have an old version, since I haven't updated it in months. But I'm telling you, my car had two different codes, one for the bad gas cap, and the other for the bad cat, and I cleared the codes, but only the evap system code actually went away. The bad cat code wouldn't even clear with the machine from Autozone clearing the CELs. The only way I could defeat it was to reset the ECU by pulling the battery connection. I bet they do this on purpose so that people with bad cats can't clear it on the way to the DMV and sneak through testing with a bad cat. Not sure how many different codes can't be cleared this way, but I'm betting emissions-related codes at least.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts