Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ITS WEIRD !!! :(
I lowered it down with Tein Basic right? Suppose that both side I turned UPWARD 2 threads right? DONE---->the DRIVER SIDE turned out to be LOWER than the Passenger SIDE?? WTH I said...
THEN I EVEN turned the Passenger Side UPWARD 1 more thread, STILL DIDNT do anything. ANd the passenger side STILL sitting HIGHER than the other??? :confused:
What the HELL is that matter? :banghead:

·
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM
1,406 Posts
did you drive it around after adjusting it to make sure it settled all the way...i got my TeinSS all the way down and it's even...they weren't perfectly even the first time i set them this low...but now they are

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
hmm...i just measured from the green part to the lower locking ring with a ruler and mine came out perfect. i drove around and heard the shocks settling...then i got out and tightned the top bolts some more. did this a few times to make sure i got it all.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I drove around for about 1 week, is it good enough?
BTW, just want to RECONFIRM with ya all this:
To LOWER the car, you MOVE the adjusting ring UP WARD, correct? Not DOWNWARD right?
Because my mechanic set this for me and this is my first time ever tried to fix it since Im too sick of knowing the uneven.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
no no...if you want to LOWER the car...you move the locking rings down towards the ground. this will compress the shock more and the car will sit lower.

·
Registered
563 Posts
VietNinjaJ30A1 said:
no no...if you want to LOWER the car...you move the locking rings down towards the ground. this will compress the shock more and the car will sit lower.
sure you could do that, but that's not how you are SUPPOSED to adjust the hgieght on coilovers. That will make the ride "bouncier" and kinda kill the shocks. I have D2 coilovers, so I will assume tein is the same it should be like this:

pillowball mount -(upper mount)
spring
locking ring1
locking ring2
threads
locking ring3
lower perch

you want to loosen the locking ring 3 by turning it UP the threads, then "screw" the lower perch until it's at the height you want. Then tighten locking ring 3 into the lower perch. You might have to loosen the lower perch from where it attaches to the rest of the car's suspension though.

You COULD just turn locking rings 1 and 2 upwards, but this compresses teh spring causing shorter shock life and bouncier/stiffer ride.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
as far as i know...the teins only have 2 locking rings. they're located @ the base of the spring.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
ghost_masterCL said:
sure you could do that, but that's not how you are SUPPOSED to adjust the hgieght on coilovers. That will make the ride "bouncier" and kinda kill the shocks. I have D2 coilovers, so I will assume tein is the same it should be like this:

pillowball mount -(upper mount)
spring
locking ring1
locking ring2
threads
locking ring3
lower perch

you want to loosen the locking ring 3 by turning it UP the threads, then "screw" the lower perch until it's at the height you want. Then tighten locking ring 3 into the lower perch. You might have to loosen the lower perch from where it attaches to the rest of the car's suspension though.

You COULD just turn locking rings 1 and 2 upwards, but this compresses teh spring causing shorter shock life and bouncier/stiffer ride.
on that point you are INcorrect sir. the basics are unfortunately not an adjustable shock body type coilover. the spring is all you move. yes, it is not ideal, and yes, it can cause unneccesary wear on the damper. but thats the way it is

·
Registered
563 Posts
hammer03 said:
on that point you are INcorrect sir. the basics are unfortunately not an adjustable shock body type coilover. the spring is all you move. yes, it is not ideal, and yes, it can cause unneccesary wear on the damper. but thats the way it is
oh bummer. Glad I went with the d2's then.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info guys.
However, this is sooooo WEIRD...
To make the car EVENLY lower both side, the DRIVER SIDE is about 2 threads up, and the Passenger SIDE is barely 1 thread up. What the hell is wrong with my TEIN?
And yes for 3 locking ring only happen from TEIN Flex and above.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
How much do you weigh? :p

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ha ha...you guys are killing me....lolz...
This is what I measure from OUTSIDE the car...he he...Not with me...SO thats y its weird. But if I do go corner balance with me in the car, you think it could help?

BTW, Im 135lbs if it matters...he he.

·
Registered
638 Posts
mine is the same way except, my front passenger is all the way down and my drivers is up several notches. maybe we put them in wrong...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts